Industry: Hospitality (Hotel)
Location: Mbeya, Kyela - Matema Beach
Here’s a non-exhaustive list of common tasks Hotel Managers are required to complete.
1 . Supervising the establishment’s operations:
- Monitoring the general operations of the hotel, including activities of all departments;
- Liaising with employees and customers alike, using a clear, polite, and concise language;
- Developing, implementing and evaluating policies and procedures for the general operations of any department or of the entire establishment; and inspecting all the rooms on a regular basis in order to check they’re keeping up with the hotel’s standards.
2.Interacting with guests:
- Personally welcoming V.I.P. hotel guests;
- Getting feedback from guests and/or patrons in order to ensure satisfaction with general service; attending to complaints in order to find a solution and provide a better service, always aiming to be the best;
- Anticipating and addressing guest’s needs;
- Coordinating the use and rental of hotel spaces for social events, gatherings, and parties, including prices, entertainment, and food; and
- Ensuring all information provided to the guest or patron is current and accurate.
3. Supervising hotel staff:
- Managing and coordinating the employees’ duties (clerks, maintenance staff, housekeeping, sales employees, among others);
- Preparing work schedules;
- Hiring and training new employees; and
- Promoting teamwork to ensure optimum service and that guest’s needs are met.
4. Managing administrative operations:
- Monitoring daily and monthly revenue generated, as well as all costs and expenses;
- Participating in the development of pricing and promotional strategies, as well as creating advertising campaigns for such promotions;
- Managing relationships with hotel vendors, negotiating service agreements as appropriate for the provision of materials and supplies; and
- Reviewing financial reports and statements in order to understand the establishment’s performance, keeping track of the budget and expenses.
- Ensuring that all employees and heads of department adhere to hotel policies and safety regulations.
- Monitoring the daily activities of all departments in the hotel.
- Supervising and managing hotel staff.
- Greeting and receiving feedback from customers in order to ensure satisfaction.
- Catering to the guest’s needs, maintaining the highest standards of quality and service, constantly enhancing the customer’s experience.
Beware of Fraud: Employers advertising their positions on the BrighterMonday platform are not supposed to receive payment from job seekers. If an Employer asks you to pay during the application process, please report it to us through this number +255 677 043 467