Required Traits for the GM:
Flexible individual that can adapt to the new company and actually be able to execute the mission and vision while embracing core values.
Must align to the purpose and mission of the company, and being able to communicate or demonstrate that passion so that the team can rally. Being able to vocalize Company’s why, purpose, to fellow employees
- Action oriented leader:
- We are NOT looking for someone who wait for a vision to be set for them instead of taking action by setting a path, communicating it and executing to make it happen. GM must be able to own his/her circumstances and take action to achieve needed results and outcomes, not wait for the right parameters only and then execute
- Must have integrity. Must show how they have created and will aim to create a safe and trusting environment for their teams while acting in the best interest of the organization and its people from a moral and ethical perspective.
- Must be a vision-Seller:
- It's imperative that the GM be incredible at selling the company's vision.
- Problem Solving ability: Willingness, tenacity and creative problem-solving
- Flexibility: A flexible executive who is quick thinker, fast learner and able to “bounce” between tactical and strategic execution
- Comprehensive Thinking: must be oriented toward "working on the business" versus "working in the business." Who view the entire business as an ecosystem that delivers value to the marketplace and customers
- Risk Taking mindset
- Must have Humility
- Being able to inspire teams to execute on their vision
- Ability to positively empower others to navigate a new playing field (Influence)
- Identify Cultural Fit
- Open mindedness
- Have Professional Communication Skills
- She/he Can Also be a salesperson
- Being able to know and Identify what needs to be solved