SOLARKIOSK is a retail company targeting the untapped markets at the Base-of-the-Pyramid (BoP). Our innovative retail outlets (E-HUBBS) are located mainly in off-grid areas providing FMCGs, solar products, energy services and other services like internet access to our customers. By this the E-HUBB becomes a center in underserved areas to which customers come from far distances.
The headquarters is based in Berlin (Germany) with currently six subsidiaries in Sub-Saharan Africa as well as projects in the Middle East, South East Asia and the Americas.
To manage our exponential growth, we are currently looking for a Managing Director who will have the overall responsibility for our subsidiary in Tanzania. She/He will be responsible to meet the ambitious growth plans and to maximize and grow the profit of the company. We are looking for a Managing Director who is capable of delivering high quality service in a consistent and a consultative manner to all levels of staff and departments. She/He will be responsible to oversee and improve the overall processes and policies eg. for procurement and delivering of the goods to the various outlets. She/He should be familiar with KPIs from Retail business and experienced in implementing the necessary control mechanisms.
- Lead the further development of the company’s business model and ensure sustainability and growth
- Responsibility of the organization’s strategic alliances and partnerships
- Building and maintaining an effective management team
- Direct the activities and productivity of the organization
- Successfully implementation of company policies
- Set strategic priorities for all departments
- Ensure smooth and efficient operations of the organization
- Assume full responsibility for budgets and tracking expenditures
- Develop, establish and regularly adapt the company’s strategy and business plan in coordination with the department heads and in accordance with the holding
Experiences and skills:
- A university degree in Business Administration, Economics or similar subjects, an MBA will be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years work experience, preferable in a renown wholesale/retail company
- Experienced in analyzing retail relevant data and setting up relevant KPIs for a retail business
- Familiar with inventory controls and other control mechanisms for managing multiple outlets and warehouses
- Outstanding management skills; ideally proven track record in achieving goals through delegation while still being able to maintain an eye for details
- Experience in developing/emerging markets; preferable a high level of intercultural competence
- Highly independent and structured working style; ability to set priorities and highly self-organized;
- Dynamic personality with ability to take initiative to make a difference and eager to achieve high targets
- High leadership capabilities aiming to motivate and coach teams and to implement a culture of continuous improvement
- Hands-on management style and willingness to spend time outside the office, at times in very remote locations, which may involve long trips on rough roads and basic accommodation conditions
- Strong ability to identify yourself with what we do
- English (fluent), a second language would be a plus.