Direct and manage Group’s business activities and to develop and implement effective business strategies and programmes.
Responsible for the well-being of the company’s financial growth and stability in terms of making the bottom line
- General business
- Oversee the smooth running of Group business operations
- Develops strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives
- Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections
- Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, Sales, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and procedures; coordinating actions with staff
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; bench-marking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional society
- Participate in relevant industry structures to ensure optimal industry environment for the business to operate in.
- Overseeing the Compilation and management of budget for own operational area.
- Respond to any variances either negative or positive
- Determine any technical / capital projects necessary for the achievement of operational and production target
3. Manage Customers and Markets
- Position Group as a leader in the market by engaging relevant stakeholders
- Advise and influence regulatory authorities/industry bodies for the benefit of Group
- Build sound relationships with members of the management team, Board members and other key stakeholders within the Company.
- Ensure that the Customer value management (VVM) model is adopted and effectively used within own operations to achieve agreed service delivery targets.
- Ensure plants are operated at the agreed equipment and operational efficiency levels.
- Ensure that own operations have the capability and capacity to deliver the required production levels, on time and at the right quality specifications.
- Identify, priorities and lead initiatives directed at improving operational efficiency throughout the operations.
- Implement effective operations policies and procedures. Measure and monitor compliance.
- Set cost and productivity / performance targets in line with business plan. Monitor performance and achieve targets.
- Maintain effective Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHE) systems within the operation resulting in zero harm to people and ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements
- Ensure compliance with all key legislation
- Ensure that CSR initiatives are planned and executed in accordance with agreements with the local government departments
- Ensure compliance with statutory legal and audit requirements
6. Lead and manage people to achieve performance objectives
- Lead and manage the Operation in the achievement of set organizational targets.
- In partnership with HR ensure that the operation is adequately resourced to meet the operational outputs.
- Instill the core mission, vision and values of the Company and ensure behaviours and deliverables are aligned/congruent
- Analyse the business plans to determine appropriate deliverables. Measure and monitor performance against these targets.
- Manage the performance of staff and implement corrective action where necessary, using the agreed processes and procedures
- Promote high levels of safety, discipline and performance standards within a motivational climate
- Support and drive Group’s transformation and change initiatives within the own area of responsibility.
- Acquire, develop and retain critical skills at the operations.
- Recruit and promote in line with Group’s Employment Equity targets.
- Assignment completion as per requirement
Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)/ Business Management or a related field
ACCA or CPA is essential
Master’s degree in applicable field of study will be advantageous
Knowledge and Specific Experience
10 years’ experience in operational line management including exposure to the different functions related to manufacturing
- Experienced in managing and leading staff.
- Manufacturing process
- Quality control and quality assurance principles
- Business principles and practices
- Managing and leading staff responsible for diverse discipline
- Hands on working knowledge of accounting principles such as budgeting, financial accounting compliance reporting and systems development
- Able to develop and format procedures for systems implementation
- Pays attention to details, able to plan and prioritize work to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written), both English and Swahili
- Must be able to interpret consolidated accounts for group
- Proactive, confident and self-motivated
- Must have excellent knowledge and experience of IFRS, tax in Tanzania
- Good financial analytical skills
- Ability to handle pressure and work with no supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and presentation skills
- Mature to deal with government and key company stakeholders
- Sound business acumen
Salary and Benefits
The Company offers attractive salary and benefits in line with the candidate’s qualifications, skills and experience.
Send your CV and copies of relevant certificates as one document before 25th March 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.