Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum Qualification: CPA or equivalent
Degree: Bachelors - Masters Preferred in Corporate Finance or Business Administration
- Experience Level: Management level
- Experience Length: 5 years as a Finance Head at least
- Registered with NBAA
Job Description & Responsibilities
GROUP FINANCIAL CONTROLLER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Forecast monthly, quarterly and annual results
- Developing financial strategy, including risk minimization plans and opportunity forecasting
- Oversee, review, and adhere to the budgets for each business department
- Assist in company-wide budgetary planning
- Conduct risk management and also assessing risk in investments
- Evaluate and decide on investments
- Supervise financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc.
- Allocate resources and manage cash flows
- Conduct profit and cost analyses
- Develop secure procedures to maintain confidential information
- Ensure that all of the company's financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation
- Consult board members about funding options
- Recommend cost-reducing solutions
- Prepare & Maintain Cash Flows, Monthly Financial statements, Balance & Income sheets.
- Assist in end of year books for audits
- Ensure operational compliance and policies and respond to queries / correspondences
- Reconciling monthly/ quarterly sheets bank accounts and general ledgers
- Debt management and collection
- Process vendor payments and cheque requests
- Manage Annual budgets including preparation of periodic budget forecasts
- Responsible for ensuring daily book keeping, accounts payable and receivables, end of month close, audit preparation and other related duties assigned
- Yearly Budget & Forecast must be prepared with monthly reporting whether on track for variance checking
- Compilation of Accounts of each company at the end of the financial year and submitting to statutory audit within 3 months after end of financial year.
- Compiling and consolidating final accounts
- Preparing MIS monthly for each company and Group as a whole
- Attending all matters relating to Statutory bodies as and when required by each company.
- Providing Management Services to each company on advising any Accounting and other Matters as and when required by each company.
- Liaising with Auditors, Legal advisors, Banks depending on the requirement of each company
- Liaising with Government Authorities and ensure all statutory returns are paid in time as per law by all companies
- Over all supervising that the companies are adhering the Statutory requirements by submitting Statutory returns and remittances in time.
- Set internal quarterly audit and submit its report.
- Any other works as and when assigned by the Management from time to time.
The successful candidate shall have:
- Proven work experience as a Head of Finance, Director of Finance or similar role
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- A well organized, good verbal and interpersonal skills, who can work independently and effectively, by organizing tasks, set priorities, meeting deadlines and multiple tasking.
- Good judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Leadership abilities
- Experience crafting financial strategies and managing accounting teams.
- Aim of maintaining company’s financial health and increase profitability in the long run.
- Prepared directions and ready to implement policies and procedures from the Management with a positive and receptive attitude;
This position is open to Tanzanians only.
Your application materials (Resume) should clearly indicate how you meet the requirements of the position.
Will commensurate with qualifications, experience and performance