REPORTING TO: Chief Operations Officer
Responsible for leading and
managing the engineering department; civil, electrical, mechanical and
contracted employees as well responsible for power & fuel. Maintains
contact with suppliers and consultants. Head of Engineering is also responsible
for all port cranes, equipment’s and facilities to ensure safe, serviceable and
aesthetic facilities are available always.
visible commitment to safety.
and lead COO and senior management team on technical issues and advise on the
implementation of new equipment and replacements.
of the senior management team; strategic and tactic leadership as well as
hands-on leadership to drive the engineering department forward.
responsible (Opex and Capex).
and lead managers and engineers for civil, electrical and mechanical projects
and day-to-day engineering services.
- Oversees the
yearly maintenance plan.
- Create optimal
balance in the engineering organization (first line HR tasks).
- Streamline the
use of the Engineering Maintenance Software (EMS)
include the followings:
- Ensure that
proper maintenance programmes are formulated for the port equipment/
facilities, and that these maintenance programmes are properly planned,
implemented and monitored
improvements, upgrades and procurement required for port equipment/facilities;
plan, develop, implement and monitor such works
implement and monitor emergency or urgent repair works for the port
equipment/facilities required to support efficient terminal operations
- Manage the
engineering team to plan, implement, supervise and monitor any other
engineering works and upgrades related to any port equipment/facilities related
works and projects
- To work with
terminal operations and safety departments to ensure that the above work items
are planned and implemented with minimal disruptions to the terminal operations
and are in compliancewith statutory, the company’s and
group’s engineering, safety, environmental and financial policies, practices,
procedures, rules and budgetary requirements
- Identify, source, liaise and manage suppliers and consultants
for equipment, parts and any specialized services required
- Prepare technical and management reports, documents,
specifications, contracts, and capital and recurring costs required for the
above items for budget and other management purposes
- Liaise with the group’s corporate engineering team and the
business units in the region
- Employ sound Maintenance Management principles and practices to
ensure high equipment availability and optimized Maintenance costs
- Improve and develop engineering processes, SOP’s and controls
- Plan, propose and manage the Maintenance budget and diligently
- Evaluate or propose Maintenance policy and procedure
- The ability to organize the overall operation of the maintenance
department in accordance with the business standards of performance
- The ability to deal with all maintenance requests promptly,
giving priority to those areas affecting the service or facilities.
- The ability to carry out preventative maintenance inspection
programs in preparation of all Health & Safety Auditing.
- Manage the control and reporting of all maintenance issues to
ensure direct and reactive technical support to all sections of the Port.
- Develop and implement a Preventative Maintenance plan to ensure
minimum disruption or unavailability of essential services for all customers at
- Provide an Asset Management Program to ensure the availability
of quality systems, equipment and tooling according to accepted lifecycle
- Oversee the timely, reliable, cost effective and competent
servicing of cranes, trucks, forklifts and other mobile equipment.
- Effectively manage Engineering projects such as source of crane,
mobile equipment and civil work.
- Ensure that effective stock and material are available to attend
to emergency and priority maintenance items immediately
- Re-evaluate and update the Port Engineering Risk Assessment and
Control Options annually
- Monthly submission of HPH COS monitor to group
- Compile, manage and maintain operational instalment base
register including capex, leases, rent equipment
- Ensure Business efficiency through planning in terms of
personnel, cost, material, equipment and available time
- Ensure that expected deliverables of projects, contractors and
service level agreements are in line with agreement and are cost effective
- Develop work plans on a monthly basis to meet performance
targets and to satisfy contracted KPIs.
- Coordinate with HSE to conduct or arrange for workers training
in safety, repair, or maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or
- Administer an effective Maintenance Management system which
includes pro-active actions, protocols, application measurement and control
- Control and coordinate all engineering activities within the
port and provide technical support to all engineering personnel