Reports To: CEO
Purpose of the Job:
- To spearhead development of transactional company solutions and channels for consumers, the MSE market and growing overall transaction company revenues in line with the Company’s strategy.
- To Provide Strategic management, by identifying business growth opportunities (new markets, new products and new services) and deliver those through the design of the most cost effective delivery channel appropriate to the respective segment,
- To promote and drive innovation across the group
- To develop appropriate marketing strategies and objectives for marketing and selling the organization's products and services.
- Expanding the Company’s transactional and other product offerings to current and prospective customers through enhancements of product suitability;
- Ensure a unified vision, goals and objectives to align business effort towards a common goal through visionary leadership
- Provide direction and guidance towards achieving of strategy, goals and objectives
- Identify new representation opportunities and thereby ensure a proper cost effective distribution channel across the group
- Develop Customer Service Improvement strategies
- Oversees development of policies, procedures and objectives for marketing and selling the organization's products and services.
- Oversees product/service development, pricing, marketing budgets, and sales objectives.
- Steering the delivery of all the channel-based (electronic, branch and agents) products to the Company’s customers, including offering the required maintenance support to customers in order to meet or exceed planned revenue or volume targets;
- Driving and monitoring the sale of the various products to current and prospective customers;
- Identifying and translating viable and profitable market opportunities;
- Leading, motivating, and developing the sales and marketing team to ensure that business objectives are achieved;
- Establishing and implementing appropriate models, procedures and processes for guiding the department’s activities and from time to time reviewing and modifying these to fit in with the Company’s risk management processes;
- Driving engagements and partnerships with stakeholders and segment heads;
- Identifying opportunities for cross selling and referral to other Company sales lines through developing and maintaining a broad understanding of customer needs;
- Manage and drive innovation process that identifies strategies, business and process opportunities across the group
Knowledge and Experience Required of Job Holder:
- Knowledge of banking channels, marketing conditions, the Tanzanian market and banking trends;
- A post graduate holder of Entrepreneurship, Business Administration, Finance or other business related field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience, with at least 5 years in a senior management role in relationship management/ banking, operations, product development or sales;
- Strong Sales and Customer oriented and visionary leadership ability;
- Ability to identify business growth opportunities and make informed decisions.
- Ability to think “out of the box”
Job holder should seek to develop strong relationships with those performing a similar role at peer group businesses/banks and to join any appropriate industry forums that will enhance job performance and understanding.
Arising from the above, job holder will need to be willing and be able to speak on the topic of Financial Inclusion, Innovation, Customer Experience and Marketing at conferences and the like which will enhance both personal and institutional reputation. Multi-cultural awareness and the ability to interact with a wide range of differing levels and sectors of staff, society, social and business, is an essential characteristic of the person holding this position.