About Husk Power Systems
Husk is one of the world’s leading rural energy providers. We provide low-cost and reliable power to rural households and businesses, entirely from renewable energy sources. Powering economic possibilities in every village is at the heart of everything we do.
We design, build and operate the lowest cost hybrid (solar and biomass) power plant and distribution network in India and Africa. To date, Husk has provided electricity to over 15,000 homes and business, reducing 95,000 tonnes of CO2. Our aim is to provide 30MW of power to 225,000 customers by 2020, and save 350,000 tonnes of CO2 each year.
This is a great opportunity to gain expertise in solar energy and gain exposure to a variety of cutting- edge technologies. In this role you will be responsible for the maintenance of 15 plants and the surrounding distribution network, impacting over 3000 customers. You will report to th e Head of Engineering and NOC Manager (cluster operations and customer manager).
- Undertake reactive and preventative maintenance of power generation assets across 15 plants, including meters, inverters, solar panels and batteries
- Review and analyze data logs to identify and resolve customer and network issues
- Support the electrician with household and business connections
- Support new plant installations and network connections
- Live in a surrounding tier 2-3 town and undertake extensive travel across plants
Great Career Progression Opportunity
Successful Heads of Maintenance have the potential to progress to a Group Service Manager and management role with greater
responsibility and compensation within 36 months.
- You have a technical background with an understanding of electrical engineering (minimum education requirement: diploma in Electrical Engineering)
- You have 1+ years of experience (Solar and Energy industries preferred)
- You are a collaborator, and have 1+ years of experience working with a team of 4+ people
- You have a track record of investigating and solving technical problems
You have a customer service attitude and are a strong verbal communicator