Title: Health Informatics Developer
Reporting to: Senior Health Informatics Developer
Location: Dar es Salaam
Project: Kizazi Kipya
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development. Pact Tanzania is a field office of “Pact” an international non-governmental and non-profit making organization with its headquarters in Washington DC. Pact Tanzania exists to build local capacity to enable systematic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy and enjoy the benefit nature provides.
The Health Informatics Developer under the supervision of the Senior Health Informatics Developer will assist to develop, manage and maintain all data management systems including GIS mapping. He/she will take part in doing requirements analysis for the systems to be developed internally and/or externally. He/ she will also contribute to building capacity of the clusters’ staff in data visualization, interpretation and promoting the culture of data use for decision making in the project. Health Informatics Developer will take part in training staff on the use of the developed data systems for data collection and data management. He/she will also be involved in technical documentation of the project which includes but not limited to Standard Operating Procedures, Data dictionaries, data mapping, API etc. He/she will also be involved in data reviews and report preparations.
- Assist Sr. Health Informatics Developer in development and maintenance of the project’s data systems
- Generate data reports from the data management systems to provide to the program staff with outputs on time for daily, monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reports
- Develop data systems and data documentation including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), data dictionaries, APIs
- Liaise with the Sr. Health Informatics Developer and other members of the M&E team to coordinate and streamline information systems, mapping and project mHealth initiatives with M&E and Research activities of the project
- Develop forms in DHIS2, run data quality checks and data downloads for required reports and data requests
- Program tools in mobile apps and review them occasionally as needed to ensure efficient data capture
- Provide necessary support to cluster offices on data management and reporting systems
- Liaise with Senior Health Informatics Developer as necessary to ensure that the M&E Unit is meeting the data management needs of the program.
- Other tasks as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Health Informatics or related field
- Experience of working with DHIS2
- Experience of developing native mobile apps is critical
- Experience in national level work on health informatics (work with the MOHSW will be an added advantage)
- Experience of working with electronic data management tools
- Ability to develop data collections tool on mobile devices
- At least 2 years work experience supporting data management systems
- Knowledge of different database software
- Excellent time management, peoples and partnership skills
- Excellent writing, English and Kiswahili skills
- Experience with PEPFAR 3.0 funded projects in Tanzania will be an added advantage
- The candidate should have experience in training / workshop facilitation particularly for electronic data collection
- Proven skills in designing and building mobile applications including USSD applications
- Proven ability to develop/customize DHIS2
- Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office especially using Ms. Excel for data analysis and visualization
- Proficiency with MS Excel
- Ability to work effectively with multiple teams, partner agencies and community members.
- Availability and willingness to travel up to 30% time
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
(only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)
The closing date for applications will be Monday 6th January 2020
To learn more about Pact Tanzania visit: http://www.pactworld.org/country/tanzania
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.