The candidate must demonstrate an ability to work independently using technical knowledge and expertise to analyze data, prepare reports and provide advice and solutions to problems, and identify opportunities for improvement. The candidate also must have the ability to develop core processes and procedures and show consistency and resilience. The successful applicant will have experience in dealing with over 1000 personnel spread over different locations and will be highly conversant in Tanzania Labor Laws.
Other responsibilities will include but are not are limited to:
- Ensuring optimal staffing levels are maintained and overseeing Personnel recruitment
- Define an operational HR plan and budget
- Provide HR advice to the company and provide HR analysis to support decision making, in line with rules, policies and procedures as well as the law of the country.
- Develop and implement a Performance Management System
- Take charge of the payroll system and other compensation mechanisms
- Oversee the development of a learning and development program to support the attainment of the organization’s mission; this will include overseeing training
- Provide manpower and other HR reports
- Support the management of grievances and disciplinary issues in collaboration with other departments
- Development and maintenance of employee records and files
- Pension and benefits administration
- Looking after occupational, health, safety and welfare of employees
- At least Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution.
- Minimum three years previous experience of dealing with HR and Payroll in a reputable organization.
- Must have an advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Skills
- Must have a good understanding/knowledge of the Tanzanian labor laws and government regulations pertaining to labor and disciplinary procedures.
- A high level of confidentiality
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have strong administration and organizational skills