The concept behind human resource management is that employees who are subject to effective human resource management are able to more effectively and productively contribute to a company’s overall direction, thereby ensuring that company goals and objectives are accomplished.
Develops policy and directs and coordinates human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services.
Should professionally be able to perform the following duties;
- Managing job recruitment, selection, and promotion
- Developing and overseeing employee benefits and wellness programs
- Developing, promoting, and enforcing personnel policies
- Promoting employee career development and job training
- Providing orientation programs for new hires
- Providing guidance regarding disciplinary actions
- Serving as a primary contact for work-site injuries or accidents
- Analyze wage and salary data on daily basis
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance,and equity within organization. Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trend
1. Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
3. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
Should also possess the following qualities;
Decision making skills; Able to balance strengths & weaknesses of different options and decide the best course of action
Interpersonal Skills; Need strong interpersonal skills because they regularly interact with people
Leadership Skills; Must be able to direct a staff and oversee the operations of their department
Organisational Skills; Organizational skills are essential for human resources managers. They must be able to manage several projects at once and prioritize tasks.
Beware of Conmen: BrighterMonday does not receive money for a job or any other opportunity. If you do note such activity please report through +255 677 043 467