Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of the role is to ensure effective people management and development of human capital through the implementation of various HR processes, policies and procedures and improving workforce productivity and staff morale.
1) To develop, align the HR strategy to the business strategy and implement the execution plans.
2) Advising the Group and reporting line on a wide variety of personal and human resources issues, as well as hands-on management of the function.
3) Prepare HR budget in conjunction with Finance Manager, monitor expenditure and take appropriate actions to ensure that the budget is not exceeded.
4) Align the Group HR policies and procedures in line with country regulations and laws
5) Review and implement end to end HR processes to ensure best in class and eliminate waste and duplication of efforts.
6) Ensure that the country has adequate budget to support training and development and in creating a learning organization.
7) To ensure that the budget is in place to support talent management process that include talent identification, succession plans, career guides, cross border moves and plans for bridging the talent gaps.
8) Implement a performance management system that aligns individual KPAs to the country KPAs and KPIs. Ensure that line managers have the desired competencies to drive performance management.
9) In conjunction with the Group conduct research on remunerations packages offered in the local market and offer recommendation to the Group in respect of increasing levels of payment and benefits to ensure the continued acquisition and retention of staff with the skills necessary to support reward and recognition.
10) Ensure efficient payroll management and regular analysis.
11) Develop and execute employee relations strategy to drive employee engagement.
12) To ensure that the country organization structure is aligned to the business strategy and all roles have job descriptions and they have been evaluated.
13) Ensure that HR matrices are reviewed on a regular basis to measure the business performance
14) Ensure that all HR risks are identified and plans are in place to mitigate the risks.
15) Ensure Group initiatives like Q12 survey are in place and understood by staff. Deliver the follow through on the output from the survey and other initiatives.
16) Monitoring and tracking the key HR trends and their impacts to the business.
17) Perform all other duties as reasonably assigned.
Knowledge and Experience Required of Job Holder:
1) University Graduate from a recognized and well established University.
2) A minimum of 5 years management experience in Human Resources.
3) Experience of management development and skills training;
4) Experience of conducting training needs assessments and delivering a variety of training solutions;
5) Advanced analytical skills, with an ability to research and synthesize HR information and broad ranges of Group Strategies
6) Full understanding of country labour laws and regulations as well as Union management.
7) Deep understanding of the role of Human Capital in delivering business goals and objectives
8) Proven team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
9) Ability to build relationships with the internal and external stakeholders.
10) Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
11) Excellent leadership and Organizational skills.
12) Highly computer literate in excel, word power point etc.
13) Ability to support the country team in raising staff engagement.
Job holder should seek to develop strong relationships with those performing a similar role at peer group businesses/banks and to join any appropriate industry forums that will enhance job performance and understanding.
Arising from the above, job holder will need to be willing and be able to speak on the topic of Human Capital Management at conferences and the like which will enhance both personal and the Group reputation.
Multi-cultural awareness and the ability to interact with a wide range of differing levels and sectors of staff, society, social and business, is an essential characteristic of the person holding this position.