Under the supervision of the Knowledge and Communications Manager, the IT Specialist’s responsibility is to provide support services to project staff and connecting staff to the network and assisting in the overall maintenance and repair. IT Specialist is responsible for the installation, operation, and maintenance of computer systems and other technologies, such as communication systems. He/she is the front-line person with regular contact with office personnel. The IT Assistant may also help in other technological areas, such as Web design, Internet security and Power Point and report presentations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Configuring and maintaining staff computers, including software installation, routine antivirus and malware checks, software updates, and local backups;
• Follow project IT procedures and coordinate with Home Office (HO) IT expert;
• Providing help desk support to project staff and student’s, troubleshooting problems with computer hardware, software and problem;
• Monitoring the local area network and fixing issues as they arise;
• Scheduling, setting up, and support routine teleconferences and video conferences for project staff, students and stakeholders;
• Scheduling project workshop events into the calendar and send notification to staffs.
• Carrying out physical maintenance of office IT infrastructure;
• Setting up battery backup system and other equipment for project workshops/seminars, meetings and conferences;
• Supporting procurement of IT equipment;
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Diploma or certificate in information systems, computer science, or IT-related filed. Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Experience in providing computer maintenance
• Experience with videoconferencing equipment and platforms, including Skype and Google Hangouts
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs including Word, Excel,, and Power Points
• Advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems
• Ability to independently troubleshoot hardware and software issues
• Familiarity with Google collaboration tools, including Drive, Docs, and Sheets
• Knowledge of local area network management
• Tanzanian Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.