Job Title: Infrastructure and Systems Administrator
Department: Information Services
Reports To: Infrastructure Specialist
Salary Grade: TBD
Prepared Date: 09th July 2019
The primary duties of the Infrastructure and system Administrator are to install, upgrade and maintain computer systems applications and peripherals for FINCA country office and branches. This includes insuring applications are operational at all the times as well as handling day-to-day problems with systems and licensing follow up.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops, installs, tests and provides documentation for operating systems in use at FINCA office and for associated applications as per IT policy;
- Manage the content hosted on SharePoint and help expedite user adoption within an organization, Creating and configuring new sites, adding document libraries, Creating and configuring lists and forms
- Install, configure as well as maintain storage hardware backup inclusive of physical plus virtual tape libraries or drives along with disk storage targets.
- Consults with management to devise the most useful ways to apply SharePoint to a business’s goals.
- Ensure to install as well as configure NetBackup customer software on UNIX or Linux as well as Windows systems.
- Perform activities related to installation, configuration and managing SAN devices and fiber switches.
- Evaluates new technologies for staff desktops and works with other technical staff to determine hardware and software needs;
- Maintain security of hardware and software;
- Performs backups of data and operating systems for all critical machines;
- Respond to problem reports, machine crashes, hardware failures and power outages;
- Provides expertise in system usage to office staff as appropriate;
- Maintains password and group files, web server access;
- Ensure all computer applications are licensed and running recommended applications;
- Install the anti-virus on all workstations and servers;
- Install patches for the operating system;
- Installation, configuration and management of mail system
- Strong technical orientation
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- High level of energy, creativity, flexibility, enthusiasm, commitment, self-confidence and initiative
- Accuracy, attention to details and awareness of deadlines
- A hard working self-starter with initiative, able to set down priorities
- Ability to anticipate problems and proactively takes measures to control or minimize them
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft.
- 2+ years of experience within a technical support environment, including hardware, software and network support experience
- Proven ability to resolve problems efficiently and effectively;
- Previous experience as a systems
- Ability to recognize competence level of the users and address each situation appropriately
- Experience working in a heavy pressure environment preferred
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
Education & Experience
- Bachelor degree/diploma in computer science or related fields
- Microsoft or related professional certification is a must
- Linux professional certification will be an added advantage
- Certification in CCNA or CCNP will be added advantage.
required in English
Ability to provide
Skills in Linux/Unix/Windows
- Minimum downtime on information systems.
- Users are able to utilize the information system to optimal levels.
- Timely and efficient implementation of information systems projects.
- Adherence of Incident and change management processes.
- Other performance measures will be aligned to IS Strategy.