The role of the Application Support Engineer is the support of applications and systems used within company´s solutions. This role provides post-implementation support including monitoring application performance. This involves solving technical problems and providing technical consultation to other teams in the company for troubleshooting existing systems. This role requires knowledge of incident management, problem management and change & release management lifecycle using best practices and company standards.
• Maintain applications in high-availability and production environments.
• Diagnose and resolve system, application and data issues.
• Coordinate service activities with other teams and technical resources.
• Identify and find solutions to address situations requiring urgent attention.
• Troubleshoot problems and issues.
• Manage application servers.
• Respond to requests of 3rd level support and development team.
• Anticipate & introduce new servicing tools to monitor & troubleshoot applications.
• Provide assistance to field technicians. Answer technical queries.
• Perform and develop monitoring activities.
• Analyse recurring and intermittent problems
• Strong will to adhere to best practices
Must possess at least B.Sc. degree in Engineering or equivalent degree in a technical discipline related to IT. Vocational training will be considered.
• At least 2 years of working experience.
• Experience with multi-national teams and can work with team across several geographical entities.
• Interested in monitoring tools and in continuous improvement processes.
• Technical knowledge:
- Oracle, MySQL/MariaDB, SQL server (Working Knowledge)
- JBoss/Wildfly (Working knowledge in installation, deployment and troubleshooting)
- Linux, Java/J2EE, Windows
- Basic Network configuration
• Working effectively with teams across geographically-distributed Centres of Excellence.
• Providing technology mentoring and guidance to more junior employees.
• Providing clear and accessible technical information to senior management.
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively on technical subject matter with non-specialists.
• Excellent communication and English language skills