African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in mechanised hard rock underground mining with operations throughout Africa (Ghana, Tanzania, Mali, Burkina Faso) Established in 2007, we have spent over 11 years building a strong reputation for being a safe and high performing underground mining services contractor. We are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client's expectations – both in terms of safety and performance.
AUMS is a joint venture of recently merged Australian Mining Contractors Barminco Ltd and Ausdrill Ltd making the business the second largest Mining Services provider in Australia.
The collective talent and expertise of our workforce is the key to our success, and we are looking for talented people to join our business. We seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to our company values and dedicated to helping our clients.
In return, we provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects in Australia and Overseas. We look forward to receiving your application for the following position.
Jumbo Drill Operator
- Geita Gold Mine, Geita
- The Jumbo Operator will carry out underground development and production work, stripping, ground support and other mining tasks directed by the Underground Shift Supervisor and trainer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations, which they cannot themselves correct, making the necessary changes to eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident or injury which arises in the course of their work.
- Complies with relevant Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations.
- Takes reasonable care for their own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their acts.
- Performs pre-start checks and SWICs.
- Accurately drill a number of drive drill patterns using a mechanised electric/Hydraulic Jumbo drill suitable to ground conditions and in compliance with site specific drill patterns and survey instruction.
- Assess ground conditions at the face and implement ground control according to site requirements.
- Read and accurately follow mining instruction plan with skill and precision ensuring holes are drilled to design line, gradient and profile.
- Communicate with surveyors, geologists and engineers as required.
- Optimise drill patterns to ensure maximum advance per round is achieved whilst maintaining strict adherence to design specifications with minimal overbreak.
- Ensure work area is safe for personnel and equipment to perform working duties including ensuring electrical installations and services are clear of the drilling area.
- A demonstrated passion for safety and a proactive attitude toward ensuring that safety is front of mind for all employees at all times.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the Underground Mining Industry.
- Knowledge of Underground Mining Practices and the efficient operations of an Underground Jumbo.
- Tanzanian Drivers Licence.
- Basic first aid knowledge
- Completion of secondary school
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.