Project Name: Skills for Employment Tanzania (SET)
Funded By: Swiss Agency for Development Cooperation (SDC)
Place of Duty: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Project Goal: Improve prospects of gainful youth (self-) employment through a contribution to improved access, relevance and quality of VSD
Target Group: Youth, women and young mother (15 to 24)
Project Duration: 01.05.2019 to 30.06.2022
Candidates that has applied for the position in May 2019 should not apply.
Swiss Foundation for Technical Cooperation – is an independent, non-profit foundation based in Zürich. It was founded in 1959 by leading figures from the Swiss private sector and Swiss universities and has been present throughout South-East Asia for more than 30 years. It is exclusively involved in international development and is active in more than 33 countries with 110 programmes and has over 1,000 members of staff. The private sector is at the heart of all of Swisscontact’s work and plays a crucial role in achieving more inclusive economic growth. It does this through four thematic areas; a) Skills Development, b) Enterprise Promotion, c) Inclusive Finance, and d) Climate Smart Economy
Objective of the function
To proactively facilitate the implementation of labour market information activities in accordance with the programme document and the annual work plan, developed in cooperation with VETA.
She/he will be supporting the labour market information lead on all component related issues. The assistant will work closely with all partners (VETA, TPSF, NACTE etc.) with a focus on coordination, knowledge sharing, and facilitating the implementation of the work plan. Liaising with sub-contractors on the delivery of capacity building activities and the development and testing of the relevant approaches for data collection.
- To work closely with the team leader and the designated labour market analyst at VETA Head Office
- To cooperate with VETA staff on the implementation of the capacity building work plan
- To plan and organise the capacity building sessions in partnership with VETA
- Monitor the market and labour market assessment initiatives undertaken by other partners
- Facilitate the LMI for skills development to support VETA’s gender initiatives and development targets
- Follow economic developments of relevance to VET
- Develop ToRs and supervise sub-contractors
- Follow and evaluate VET system developments in Tanzania by liaising with programme stakeholders
- Support the team leader in implementing the daily programme and component tasks
- Compile and disseminate assessment results
- Responsible for compiling data for MRM
Reports to the SET team leader, and when required, to the deputy team leader.
Qualifications & experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s or higher degree in programme/project management, national economy, labour economics, statistics, education or equivalent;
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience from development initiatives related to skills development/vocational education and training, employment generation or other labour market relevant issues. Please note that none relevant voluntary work will not be viewed as work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in programme management, statistical surveying, employment promotion, skills development working on disaggregated data on gender, employment and earnings or equivalent;
For point b. and c. please note that none relevant voluntary work will not be viewed as work experience.
- Knowledge of SPSS or other advanced statistical analysis tools will be an advantage;
- Experience working in (i) cross-functional teams, (ii) application of a gender agenda and (iii) facilitating programme activities related to different partners;
- Ability to write clear and concise reports;
- Excellent communication skills with a high level of written and spoken English and Swahili.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.