- Conduct engineering field work and design according to established engineering principles and standards to a high degree of excellence and dependable accuracy.
- Lead the technical department, oversight, review and assistance for technicians, volunteers, and other engineers to ensure quality of output and adherence to established standards.
- Perform Engineering tasks including water hydraulic design calculations, and development of plans, specifications, and structural drawings.
- Provide onsite project management in support of approved projects.
- Conduct field inspections and site assessments as needed to ensure that construction is in accordance with design and expectations.
- Champion and ensure that Water Mission Tanzania QA/QC (Quality Assurance/Quality Control standards and procedures) is upheld by the technical team.
- Layout and design of water systems including source, pumping, treatment, storage and distribution.
- Ensure that your work is reviewed by another engineer as designated by the Country Director.
- Perform assessments in communities, including water quality and quantity testing, survey measurements and other aspects as may be required.
- Timely Project reporting, including monthly report, Assessment report, follow up report with accompanied photographs as per specific assignment guideline.
- Provide disaster response support and work in other countries as needed.
- Other tasks as may be assigned.
Qualification & Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering – Civil, Chemical, or Mechanical are preferred (Master’s degree desirable, but can be offset with quality experience).
- Experience of at least 5 to 10 years
- Registration as a professional engineer in Tanzania
- Driver’s license
- Advanced skills with office computer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and drafting programs (AutoCAD/PowerCADD,SolidWorks/ProE)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (English)
- Excellent analytical skills, process design skills and project planning and management skills.
- A level of impeccable integrity and stewardship that demonstrates to those who invest in Water Mission Tanzania a sense of security and trust that their gifts are well used and invested.
- Must be standards and detail- oriented with ability to plan ahead.
- Should be willing to travel to remote places including occasional trips abroad.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.