Reports to: Legal Manager
- Defending and Prosecuting Bank’s interest in various Courts/Tribunals.
- Ensuring the Bank complies with internal policies and also various regulations.
- Supervising all Bank’s cases.
- Supervising and ensuring Bank’s security documents are in order
- Prepare and or review various agreements/contracts.
- Advice and guide Credit and Business teams in complying with law and regulations.
- Conduct legal awareness in Bank’s various branches/outlets.
- Preparing and presenting various Bank’s documents at Business Registration and Licensing Agency (BRELA).
- Liaise with Bank’s External lawyers
- Preparing and issuing statutory notices of default to the defaulting clients.
- Design and implement a collateral management procedure that is compliant with applicable law, including the verification, valuation and registration, as applicable, of the collateral, and collateral disposal as necessary
- Prepare regular and exceptional reports on the status of security valuation and registration activities.
- Provide periodic training to the staff on various topics, Account Opening Requirements, Recovery, security perfection and any other matters.
- Participate in the induction of new employees by providing a training on general legal issues applicable to the business and operations of the Company, including topics such as the verification of collateral, legal implications of illegal recoveries, fraud etc.
- To provide legal reports such as Litigation reports, Security and perfection report, valuation reports to Legal Manager.
Knowledge and Experience Required of Job Holder:
- Excellent in communication skills and managerial abilities
- Able to take direction and work independently with little or no supervision
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to abide by policies and procedures and have them respected by supervisees'
- Ability to promote and ensure a clear, transparent and accurate information on each client
- Aptitude to work under pressure
- Capacity to communicate efficiently, both orally and in writing
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
- Minimum education level - Bachelor’s degree in Law/LLB.
- An Advocate licensed to practice law in Tanzania.
- A previous professional experience at least 2 years will be added advantage
- A previous professional experience in a Micro-finance Institution is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft office, excel and power point environment
If you have got what it takes, hurry and apply via Brighter Monday website!