Reports to: Finance and Administrative Officer
Start Date: March 2019
Who we are
D-tree International is a digital health organization with 15 years of experience using innovations in technology to strengthen the quality of health systems in low and middle income countries. D-tree works through partnerships with Ministries of Health and NGOs to bring human-centered design approaches to collaborations in which we support partners to define key programmatic challenges and priorities, explore if and how technology can be used to improve program efficiency and quality, and then work with our partners to choose the most appropriate technology platform to meet their needs. This may include using or building on existing tools, or configuring new solutions through a variety of software platforms. A key aspect of our work is our end-to-end partnership, in which we also support partners to use systems thinking to roll out, implement and monitor programs and facilitate a culture of data use among multiple stakeholders.
D-tree has been working in Zanzibar since 2010 on projects focused on maternal and child health. In close collaboration with the Zanzibar Ministry of Health, D-tree has trained more than 400 Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) who serve more than 80% of the population as part of the Safer Deliveries program. D-tree has scaled up this program in 10/11 districts of Zanzibar to support Community Health Volunteers to utilize digital tools to provide high quality care to pregnant women and encourage facility deliveries and postpartum follow up in order to reduce maternal and neonatal mortality. Building on the success of the Safer Deliveries program, D-tree is now supporting the Ministry of Health to expand and institutionalize the digital platform in Zanzibar. We expect to train and support over 2,000 CHVs throughout Zanzibar.
Who you are
We are seeking a full time Logistics and Administration Assistant, based in Zanzibar, to support the logistics and administrative functions of a small but complex non-profit. This is a dynamic and challenging role requiring an individual with exceptional attention to detail, initiative and interest in supporting the improvement of quality health care for underserved communities.
You are professional, motivated, and efficient team player. You are someone who is just as comfortable working independently in an office as you are coordinating logistics for a field-based training or meeting. You are a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and you enjoy working in a multi-cultural environment. You excel at multitasking and can move easily between deskwork, running errands, and participating in team meetings. You are a motivated professional who is willing to wear multiple hats and do what it takes to make our office and administration systems function well.
What you will do
You will be an integral member of the expanding D-tree Tanzanian operations team, supporting the Zanzibar Finance and Administrative Officer, Program Coordinators, and Field Implementers. You will be responsible for arranging the Zanzibar program logistics to help ensure smooth program and officer operations.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Office, Equipment, and Supplies Maintenance
o Monitor stock of office supplies and purchase supplies when needed
o Maintain physical and electronic inventory of supplies and equipment
o Support daily Zanzibar accounting and financial functions including: timely scanning and filing of transactions in both electronic and physical file systems
o Support submission of ZSSF and /or other statutory filings in Zanzibar
· Program Logistics and Administration
o Assist in preparation of meeting and training logistics (booking venue, catering, preparing phone distribution, etc.)
o Organize coordination of booking taxis for staff traveling to the field
o Issue phones and solar chargers during community health volunteer trainings, maintain inventory, and replace broken equipment as needed.
o Support visitor logistics; tasks may include organizing taxis, airport transfers, and accommodations
o Support logistics for incoming international staff, volunteers, or interns. This may include securing or facilitating housing and supporting the process of attaining work and residence permits for international staff
o Assist technical team in setting up phones and trouble-shooting, as needed
o Other duties as assigned that support a high functioning program office
What we are looking for
We are looking for a motivated, passionate individual who is willing to wear multiple hats and do what it takes to help our organization be successful.
· Minimum 1-2 years’ work experience in a similar position
· Diploma in Logistics or Office administration; Bachelor degree preferred (business management, public administration, procurement and logistics or related field)
· Language: Excellent written and spoken English and Kiswahili
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
· Must be able to work independently, multi-task, collaborate with a distributed team, be persistent and work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision
· Results-oriented, responsible and strong attention to detail
· Priority will be given to people residing in Zanzibar
· Accountability & Reliability - Takes ownership and responsibility for decisions, actions, and results; delivers on commitments.
· Initiative – Must display a sense of urgency to effectively and efficiently complete a varying workload in a timely manner. Can initiate actions independently, handles unexpected situations, and volunteers to assist others.
· Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change and respond to challenges positively. Able to manage a variety of different tasks as needed for the position. Can develop and / or learn new processes/systems quickly, and embraces the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
· Problem Solving – Ability to proactively identify issues and take action by analyzing all the information skillfully to persistently purse positive outcomes. Uses sound judgment about when to take action and when to seek guidance.
· Compliance & Quality – Must ensure accuracy, meet established deadlines of work, produce a quality product and show commitment to continuous improvement efforts. Ability to learn, interpret, and comply with all organization policies and procedures.
· Collaborative - Brings a track record of working effectively with various and diverse individuals and groups, and a willingness to actively listen and invite different views and opinions across all levels of the institution to build alignment in support of a common goal.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.