PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Reaching Children' Potential (RCP) Center Maintenance Technician’s overall responsibility is to preserve the good condition and functionality of RCP Center installations, buildings, and equipment.
1. Perform maintenance of electrical systems.
2. Manage electrical generators.
· Ensure proper maintenance according to manufacturer’s warranty requirements.
· Conduct repairs.
· Run generators according to the pre-established daily schedule.
3. Assist in the setup of refrigeration, water heating and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary.
4. Assist in the setup of washer and dryer and conduct repairs when necessary.
5. Maintain water system (including water purification system, community water system, water pumps, water harvesting system) and plumbing systems to ensure functionality.
6. Perform repairs of all health clinic equipment, projector when necessary.
8. Conduct general upkeep procedures and other tasks as assigned.
9. Assist in budget preparation of maintenance and repairs and ensure it is followed.
REQUIREMENTS: The Maintenance Technician is a thorough professional with a practical mind and attention to detail. The Maintenance Technician must be able to work autonomously and responsibly while observing all health and safety guidelines and procedures. A successful candidate must speak English well and be willing to relocate to Ipalamwa. Additional requirements include:
- Good understanding of electrical, motor engine, hydraulic and other systems
- Knowledge of and experience with electrical generators and
of general maintenance processes and methods
knowledge of power and hand tools, common appliances and devices
for manual work and problem-solving skills