Off Grid Electric is an international, venture-backed startup that’s aiming to power Africa with clean and affordable solar energy. We design, manufacture finance and distribute best-in-class solar home systems for the African market with a globally distributed team. Our user-centered design tenets balance designing aspirational solar energy products for our customers and building high-quality, scalable products.
To support the Head of Finance in the supervision and coordination of the day-to-day call center credit and compliance team to deliver prompt and high-quality service to customers and ensure compliance is met at all levels
What you'll do:
- Manage and coordinate the team of call center credit and compliance representatives in the provision of day-to-day Call Centre services, encompassing the credit and compliance:
- Create the monthly roster to assign representatives to tasks within the Call Centre
- Monitor the timeous and efficient provision of KYC to customers and follow up to ensure customers are compliant.
- Track the timeous resolution of escalated inquiries
- Monitor Call Centre team compliance to company procedures and policies
- Identify and coordinate the provision of training and coaching interventions to maximize compliance.
- Monitor KPI for credit and KYC and make recommendations on interventions to improve ratings
- Attend to matters of a technical nature and liaise with the IT Department to resolve system performance
- Participate in weekly and monthly team meetings to monitor services provided and sales targets, and identify and resolve operational problems
- Identify and assess risks to the business in consultation with the Head of Finance to formulate risk mitigating strategies for credit and compliance management
- Keep abreast of best practice for Call Centre Management, credit and compliance.
- Monitor the closing of the KYC process as per set targets, and devise interventions for KYC which are lagging
- Update all the Credit and KYC dashboard reports on time, alert the Head of Finance of any alarming backlogs.
- Identify critical patterns and trends and recommend appropriate actions in consultation with the Head of Finance
- Conduct root causes analysis and finds creative ways to solve top call issues on compliance and KYC.
- Input into the analysis to mine data to understand customer behaviors, geographical differences, etc. to improve on service and sales offerings.
- Produce reports on Credit and KYC operations and/or analysis, based on the management requirements
- Communicate departmental reports to credit and KYC staff.
- Input into the preparation of the budget for the Credit and KYC based on operational requirements
- Assist the Head of Finance to monitor the operating budget to ensure expenditure is aligned to budget allocations
- Address budget variances with the Head of Finance to clarify over or under-spend
- Authorize expenses as per delegation of authority
- Participate in the recruitment of subordinates in collaboration with management and the Human Resources Department
- Manage the performance of direct reports, ensuring agreement of annual goals, measuring performance against agreed goals and dealing with areas of non-performance
- Manage the development of staff and identify training interventions in support of career development
- nput into the development of succession plans for the department in consultation with management
- Coach and mentor team members to foster personal growth and teamwork
- Approve leave, leave, subsistence and travel expenses as per delegation of authority
- Provide updates to the Human Resource Department on any location changes of team members
- File documentation to ensure availability and ease of retrieval at all times
- Participate in weekly and monthly service team meetings
- Communicate daily with the Head of Finance to provide the necessary updates on day-to-day operations
- Develop and maintain relationships with Credit and KYC team members to ensure business continuity and smooth running of operations
- Support the collaboration across functions to understand and resolve problems on the ground
- Engages customers via multiple channels to obtain feedback on how needs are being met
- B Degree in Finance would be advantageous
- 5 years’ Credit and KYC of which 3 years is in a Managerial capacity.
Why you want to work with us:
- You get to meaningfully and tangibly change the lives of millions of people who lack access to reliable, affordable and clean energy
- Join one of the most cross-functional, dynamic teams; charged with developing and executing on the company’s product vision
- Live in and travel around one of the loveliest and most exotic parts of Africa
- Work to solve energy access for more than one billion people living off the grid and develop a deep understanding of global energy challenges
- Be a part of a fast-growing organization transitioning from startup to a high growth global enterprise
- Work with some of the smartest, most committed, and hardest working co-workers from Silicon Valley to Africa
Beware of Conmen: BrighterMonday does not receive money for a job or any other opportunity. If you do note such activity please report through +255 677 043 467&