Job Re - Advertisement
UMATI, a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), is a leading non-profit Association providing Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) information and services in Tanzania.
Job Title: Manager: Finance, Accounting & Systems Development
Division: Operations And Institutional Systems Development
Location: Dar es Salaam
Responsible to: Head Operations And Institutional Systems Development
Directly Supervises: Project Accountant & Revenue Accountant
1. JOB PURPOSE
The incumbent shall work closely with the The Head of Operations & Institutional Systems Development and contribute to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing financial and operational tasks of the organization. S/He will further assist in ensuring that the investment arm of UMATI known as KABIU, is operating with the law and is generating sufficient income to support implementation of UMATI strategy
2. KEY FUNCTIONS
- Oversees financial operations of UMATI
- Manages and provides on-going training to accounting personnel
- Conducts weekly and monthly financial assessments and generates reports to be submitted to the senior management team
- Establishes budgets in accordance with the requirements of the departments
- Monitors funds allocated to various functions ensuring no leakages
- Takes a lead in developing Annual Programme Budget ( APB)
- Conducts analysis of financial risks and benefits on business initiatives
- Develops Institutional Systems to ensure smooth running of UMATI operations. This includes ensuring SAGE ERP system is fully operational.
- Liaison with IPPF Country Technical Assistants Team on Operational matters
- Ensures UMATI meets all the IPPF accreditation Standards.
3. KEY TASKS
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
(a). Financial Management and Processing
- Ensure accurate financial, contractual and administrative reporting of restricted and unrestricted funds projects is rules and regulations, and terms and conditions.
- Assist the HOISD on the preparation and management of UMATI cash flows and forecasts.
- Maintain and administer an on-site financial accounting and book-keeping system (QuickBooks/SAGE) required to assure the integrity and effective performance of financial operations and prepare monthly reports
- Manage project’s day-to-day cash needs, payments, procurement, contracts, sub-grants, reviewing/processing invoices, policies and procedures, consultant payments
- Provide guidance to team members regarding the financial requirements of respective projects and office operations in compliance prevailing procedures and policies
- Lead the development, monitoring, and review of restricted and unrestricted funds projects budgets; review monthly financial analysis and budget vs. expense reports to determine reasonableness of variances and take appropriate actions, as required
- Provide guidance, monitoring and support to procurement and logistics unit , including procurement for goods and services, logistical support for local and international travel (including expense reports) for staff and consultants, contracts development and management and maintenance of office inventory
- Facilitate the work of external audits and ensure that financial records are properly maintained and readily available during audits
- Contribute to developing work plans and annual budgets for UMATI APB
- Ensure resources are appropriately directed to project priorities and are in line with project work plans
- Mentor, support, supervise and manage UMATI staff and align their efforts in concert with project goals to ensure rapid and sustainable results
b. Payroll Management
- In liaison with Manager HR & Volunteers Service, support the preparation of monthly payroll, obtain approval and process to bank.
- Ensures the production and & issuance of pay slips and maintains all payroll records.
- Oversees the processing of leaves records ensuring no more than 10 days leave is accrued.
- Prepares yearly Payroll reconciliations & Payroll taxes Summaries.
- Supports all other employer payroll related requirements.
- Ensure on positions which are in the APB or budgeted for in restricted projects are filled.
4. EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Business Administration/ commerce or any other business related degree. A professional qualification is required (CPA, CIMA, CA, ACCA).
- At least five years of experience with financial analysis, financial reporting, cash flow analysis, budget development and forecasting, preferably on international health projects
- Previous direct supervisory experience of professional and support staff
- Demonstrated experience organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Good multi-tasking skills with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced working environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of UMATI
5. SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels
- Ability to challenge and influence at all levels
- Strong negotiation skills and decision making skills
- Ability to operate under pressure and tight deadlines
- Positive and pragmatic approach to achieving results
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
- Able to work on own initiative
- Ability to analyse problems and recommend a course of action
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Excellent organization skills
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.