PIL (TANZANIA) LIMITED is locally registered company operating as shipping agents for PACIFIC INTERNATIONAL LINES. The Companyseeks to hire a full-time Mid Senior Level Accountant.
The accountant will be responsible for providing accounting support to the Company, working closely with the Senior Accounts Executive Accountant and Finance Manager to ensure the Company maintain and report accurate financial.
Reports To: Finance Manager
• Perform professional accounting work which includes analysis of financial transactions.
• Prepare and record documented journal entries.
• Fixed asset management.
• Perform bank reconciliations.
• Responsible for monthly financial reporting-MMR and MRP
• Communicate with all levels of the organization.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Support annual preparation of budgets
• Assist in preparation of year-end audit schedules and tax filings
• Provide support to other departments as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications-knowledge, skills, and abilities:
The successful candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a recognized higher learning institution
• 3-5 years of related accounting/finance experience
• Knowledge of accounting processes, management of accounting operations, internal controls, generally accepted accounting principles, financial reporting and taxation rules, regulations and appropriate practices
• Excellent financial analysis skills
• Ability to accurately prepare, interpret financial data and business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the management/shareholders
• Knowledge of MS Office and Computerized Accounting Systems.
• A liking for detailed work requiring attention and diligence
• Strong interpersonal and listening skills
1. Excellent organizational skills,
2. time management, and attention to detail
3. The ability to solve problems with initiative and flexibility
4. The ability to learn quickly, multi-task and trouble-shoot
Compensation & Benefits:
This position offers the unique opportunity to join an innovative organization with opportunities for growth. Other benefits include:
• A great work environment
• Very competitive compensation package commensurate with equivalent positions in the market
• Medical insurance and Group Life Assurance
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Beware of Conmen: BrighterMonday does not receive money for a job or any other opportunity. If you do note such activity please report through +255 677 043 467