VGK a leading construction, transport and Logistics Company located at wazo industrial area is currently looking for high caliber individual who aspire to build a career in the position of MINING ENGEENEER.
JOB KEY PURPOSE:
To plan, manage and monitor daily production at VGK quarry also to ensure materials are extracted safely and efficiently.
- Manage day to day running of operations (drilling, blasting, and crushing) on the site, ascertaining extraction risks and ensures all safety precautions to avoid hazards and loss.
- Checking that the quarry’s production levels are maintained safely to schedule
- Managing performance of the production process, setting and monitoring targets.
- Quarry design and prepare daily work plan
- Examining the area and materials produced to ensure that a high quality of product is maintained.
- Performs all mining related activities at the quarry
- Closely monitoring all areas of the quarry to ensure that extraction and processing (crushing) work is carried out by observing safety procedures and precaution.
- Performs any other duty as instructed by Managing Director
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Bachelor degree in mining engineering from a reputable university.
- Experience in mining quarry.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a similar position
- Decisive, able to work under pressure without any supervision
- Competence in computer software(excel &Microsoft word)
- 28-35 years of age