Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator at LEAD Foundation
Strong research, analytical and computing skills
5 days/week, based in Dodoma (Tanzania).
From 1st of September 2019 for 2 years
LEAD is an NGO registered with the Government of Tanzania to promote best principles and practices of leadership, environmental conservation and community development, within and outside Tanzania. LEAD is an acronym for: L - Leadership Formation; E - Environmental Conservation &; A - Action for; D – Development. LEAD undertakes training, consultancy, research and facilitation of community initiated development projects in order to impart and promote best attitudes, principles and practices of servant leadership, sustainable environmental conservation and community transformation.
LEAD is supported by Justdiggit which is an international NGO, based in The Netherlands, active in Africa in the field of landscape restoration. Justdiggit wants to be a disrupter in the industry, and is constantly looking for better and novel ways to reach their ultimate dream: all degraded landscapes in the world are restored by the inhabitants of these lands themselves. We therefore mix traditional approaches to landscape restoration with out-of-the-box thinking: using the power of media to inspire and activate people and using modern (smart) phone technology to maximize impact.
You will work on delivering the impact of the Regreening Dodoma Region Program (2017-2021) of LEAD and Justdiggit on the ground. The programs introduces at scale the regreening techniques of Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration and Rainwater Harvesting to farmers in the region of Dodoma. You will thereby also work closely with research institute MetaMeta (Wageningen, The Netherlands). You will be based at the Dodoma office of LEAD
Besides being employed by LEAD, you will take part in the YEP Program as a Young Expert. This means that you will receive an intensive training and coaching that is carried out jointly by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Netherlands Water Partnership (NWP) and the Food & Business Knowledge Platform. Main goal of the YEP Program, consisting of YEP Agrofood and YEP Water, is to offer young Dutch and local professionals the opportunity to take their first steps in an international environment.
As a MEL Coordinator and Young Expert your activities will be as follows:
Coordinate the monitoring and reporting of the program
- The Young Expert will coordinate all program monitoring activities of the Regreening Dodoma Region program.
Support evaluation activities
- The Young Expert will contribute to the evaluation of the program.
Develop MEL processes and abstract learnings for Justdiggit and LEAD
- The Young Expert will be responsible for developing MEL processes.
- Deduct relevant learnings from monitoring and evaluation.
Required experience and skills
- Bachelor or Master degree in preferably Social and or Environmental Sciences, Statistics and/or M&E;
- Maximum of 8 years of work experience and not more than 35 years old.
- Basic knowledge and experience in quantitative data collection methods and analysis;
- Affinity with landscape restoration, sustainable farming and responsible land management;
- A good understanding of the (working) culture, local environmental issues, project design;
- Intermediate as well as team player; can act adequately as a link between different organisations;
- Eager to learn, pro-active approach and good communication skills;
- Strong computer skills, especially with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Good Swahili and English language skills, both speaking and writing.
What we offer
- Learning about data collection, analysis and computing in monitoring and evaluation
- Professional development and personal growth courses with YEP
- Interesting network of local and international NGOs and professionals
- Experience in the field of environmental conservation
- Competitive salary and laptop
- International travel
more information, you may also visit the websites of LEAD, Justdiggit and YEP:
We hope we can welcome you to the LEAD’s team the 1st of September 2019!
Beware of Conmen: BrighterMonday does not receive money for a job or any other opportunity. If you do note such activity please report through +255 677 043 467
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.