Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Position Summary: Pathfinder Tanzania is looking for a person with excellent technical skills in monitoring and evaluation of reproductive health, family, family planning, gender-based violence and violence against children and integrated PHE projects. He/she will manage a medium-sized team tasked with performance monitoring, assessments, evaluations, implementation science and research. He/she will support project managers in data analysis, and data use for decision making at Pathfinder. He/she will work with other business units globally to develop and institutionalize standards, guidelines, processes, procedures and protocols for conducting MEL activities. He/she will develop tools for data collection and tools for communicating results and impact
Key Job Outcomes:
- Systems, Policies, Standards and Guidelines: Leads development of MEL strategy and plans. Partners with Programs and Impact and country offices to institutionalize Pathfinder’s assessments, evaluations, research, and implementation science related policies, guidelines and standard procedures research proposals, and monitoring and evaluating projects with a focus on efficiency. Designs and develops systems and metrics for organizational use
- MEL Planning and Implementation: Works with team to develop MEL plans, including project design, appropriate selection of final project indicators and data sources, and team work plans to ensure effective implementation. Designs evaluations, research, and quality improvement studies that meet ethical, methodological standards. Leads staff to develop and implement monitoring and evaluation guidelines, standards, processes, procedures, and data management guidelines for their respective office or projects and to develops and manages MEL budget and work plan.
- Data Collection Tools; Manages the creation and adaptation of data collection tools, including monitoring tools and forms, survey questionnaires, key informant interview schedules, facility assessment and supervision tools, and supporting training materials. Mentors project staff to design and/or oversee implementation of project household surveys and other data collection tasks, including developing survey protocols and terms of reference for consulting firms, critically reviewing consultant reports and other deliverables, and deploying ethical clearance procedures. Leads coordination of MEL with other units for systems and data usage.
- Proposal Planning and Review: Drafts MEL plans for proposals and reviews proposals from the data collection and evaluation perspectives.
- Documentation and Reports: Creates project status reports, evaluation reports, and writes, prepares and delivers conference presentations and publications. Develops abstracts and peer-reviewed manuscripts for publication. Generates reports for Programs and Impact global impact.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in demography, epidemiology, statistics, social sciences or a related field, or a combination of education and experience that yields the required competencies.
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience in MEL health/development projects or equivalent.
- Experience living and working in a developing country.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.