Rewarded in 2017 by the Stevie International Awards as the "Fastest Growing Enterprise in the Middle East and Africa", Halotel have proven its ambition to become the leader in the telecommunication market in Africa.
As part of the international Vietnamese telecommunication group “Viettel Group”, Halotel strive to provide the best service with high technology and reasonable price in Africa. With more than 20,000 km of Fiber Optic Cable, Halotel’s network is the most reliable connection at high-speed covering up to 95% of the Population in Tanzania.
Halotel is always looking for individual who are Professionals, Talented and Passionate about telecommunication as we are, to join our Family in building the Fastest Growing Telecom in Tanzania.
Halotel is pleased to announce a new position opening: Network design & deployment officer
The responsibilities will include:
a. Network infrastructure design
· Supervise and assist the Branch in surveying and designing the network infrastructure
- Conduct survey/audit and design networks in buildings, open area
- Prepare network project proposal report, documentation, regulation, survey report
- Establish and monitor the list of materials and equipment for the network infrastructure design
- Research and develop new network
access technology as GPON, AON, Wiremax
b. Network deployment
- Monitor the deployment of network infrastructure according to the network development plans.
- Control and evaluate teams’s implementation progress
- Control and evaluate the implementation quality of the projects assigned
- Monitor and control Outsource partners services
- Monitor and support branch staff to implement services for customer
- Monitor and support branch staff in the management of network infrastructure, update network factors to network management system (NIMS).
The ideal candidate:
university degree Qualification in Electronic and Telecommunication
Degrees, Computer science Degree, Computer Engineering Bachelor Degree or
of 02 years of relevant experience inclusive of:
- Network Access network design (fiber and Microwave)
- Network deployment (LAN deployment , Fiber deployment)
- Working experience in telecommunication sector advantageous.
- Strong experience at developing and/or managing network infrastructure planning and implementation in large organisations.
- Motivated with the ability to perform well under pressure.
- Ability to use proficiently Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to use proficiently AUTOCAD
- Good English writing skill
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while working with a wide variety of cross-functional teams and vendors.
- Capacity to work autonomously and under pressure
- The normal work place shall be in the Headquarter in Dar Es Salaam.
- Business travel up to 30%
- Attractive remuneration based on experience and business result outcome.
- Company Health Insurance plan
- Employee allowances.
Halotel approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with disabilities to apply.