Rewarded in 2017 by the Stevie International Awards as the "Fastest Growing Enterprise in the Middle East and Africa", Halotel have proven its ambition to become the leader in the telecommunication market in Africa.
As part of the international Vietnamese telecommunication group “Viettel Group”, Halotel strive to provide the best service with high technology and reasonable price in Africa. With more than 20,000 km of Fiber Optic Cable, Halotel’s network is the most reliable connection at high-speed covering up to 95% of the Population in Tanzania.
Halotel is always looking for individual who are Professionals, Talented and Passionate about telecommunication as we are, to join our Family in building the Fastest Growing Telecom in Tanzania.
Halotel is pleased to announce a new position opening: Noc Officer
The responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to help identify and resolve issues affecting our services;
- Operating all IT incident on the network;
- Monitoring and ensuring the performing of IT field;
- Writing the guideline, procedures, regulation of IP;
- Process customer complaint;
- Escalate issues and problems according to documented standard operating procedures;
- Make accurate entries in shift logs of all events, issues, responses, and resolutions;
- As the first line of defense, you will monitor systems and validate alerts using our array of monitoring tools.
- Perform first-tier troubleshooting using tools and utilities to resolve system/network performance and related system/network issues.
- Coordinate and implement network, software and hardware upgrades with the Network Operations and Development teams.
- Install operating system software, patches, and upgrades.
- Configure, optimize, and fine-tune monitoring systems.
- Proactively work to refine documentation of systems/network, troubleshooting guides, policies, and procedures.
- Work with the Network Operations team and Application Support Engineers to ensure maximum uptime of the system
- Operating to deploy technical tasks( Reinforce bts, cable route, operation plans);
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and recommend fixes to connectivity issues.
- Develop and maintain NOC policies, procedures, and tools;
- Maintain client security levels and confidentiality of information;
- Learn and follow company policies and procedures;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate:
- Relevant university degree Qualification in computer science, Telecommunication or equivalent;
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience;
- Working experience in telecommunication sector advantageous;
- Fluent in English (written/spoken);
- Self-starting individual with the ability to work independently on issues with minimal supervision;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and database management;
- Strong troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to work across departments and interact with very technical and non-technical personnel;
- Strong analytical, critical reasoning, and problem solving skills;
- Knowledge of networks and TCP/IP;
- Strong teamwork skills and a systems approach to technology support;
- Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
- Attractive remuneration based on experience and business result outcome.
- Company Health Insurance plan
- Employee allowances.