Operations management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. He/she will work closely with the Procurement Manager to make sure all procured materials are on sites and Technical Manager to make sure the scope is well defined, and all the work is done as per the BOQ. He/she will also be managing the contractors during project implementation and make sure all legal, safety and security requirements are adhered and followed. Also, he/she must have good skills in project control (cost control, planning, contract management).
The position is based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with regular trips to the sites.
1. Project coordination.
a) Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress b) Follow up with the contractor the development steps of the project under construction c) Make sure we have all necessary permits and authorization before starting the projects. d) Follow up with the cluster team to make sure customer sign up and customer connections are well coordinated in the plan.
2. HSSE coordination.
a) Make sure the contractor has HSSE action plan before start of the project and it is well communicated to the team.
b) Organize and plan visit to check if the contractor complies with the Company
c) Make sure all sub-contractors engaged by contractor meet all Company requirements.
d) Follow up with the cluster team to make sure the contractor complies with the company HSSE policies.
3. Coordinate weekly project meetings
a) Draft weekly report and share in the project and operation meetings
b) Coordinate weekly follow up meeting with the contractor
c) Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
4. Define and implement new processes and ways of working to improve the service provided to our customers.
a) Introducing tools which will improve efficiency in our project management
b) Customer sign up
5. Technical installation
a) Working together with the technical team to make sure Generation Unit, distribution network, home connections are well installed and working.
b) Checking the quality of work of the contractor before acceptance
c) Responsible for project commissioning process and final acceptance.
d) Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
6. Budget Management
a) Negotiate with contractor and subcontractor to make sure we minimize project cost
b) Check and verify invoice of contractor before payment
c) Work together with technical team to verify any additional work and negotiate before approval.
7. Relationship management and Project records.
a) Be the interface between the Power Corner Tanzania and contractor.
b) Manage the relationship with all stakeholders
c) Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Master’s degree in civil engineering
• Minimum 5 years of working experience in construction projects in the rural electrification or telecom sector. Experience in mini-grids is a plus.
• Good technical understanding of electrification projects (LV/MV)
• Experience negotiating EPC contracts and supervising EPC contractors
• Good computer skills related to budget and planning follow up
• Strong report writing and analytical skills
• Strong communication skills in working languages (English, Swahili).
• A commitment to high standards of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
• The Candidate should be registrable or ready to be registered with ERB
What we offer
• Actively participate in defining tomorrow’s business models for energy access
• A secure position in a company combining the strengths of a start-up in terms of agility and those of a multinational in terms of financial and business support.
• Being part of a passionate and professional team based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
• Competitive pay