As a private sector engagement Expert, you will mainly be involved with establishing, maintaining and strengthening relation with private sector so that Lake Zone Youth Empowerment trainees can access apprenticeship, internship training and possible jobs. You will also be responsible in facilitating communications between industries and the project. If you are passionate about using your engagement skills to demonstrate the positive change the organization is doing in Tanzania, you are the ideal candidate!
Skills, qualifications and experience
Competencies and Behaviour
We believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
The organization promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
• Bachelor’s degree in business management or social science, entrepreneurship, economics or related area is required
• Previous experience in starting or managing a business.
• Previous experience in training and/or educate young people.
• Previous experience in facilitating group sessions.
As a volunteer, you will be sharing your skills with local communities on a full time basis. The organization will cover your travel, vaccinations, accommodation, and medical insurance costs, along with a local living allowance which will be paid in local currency. This allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home. You will also receive some financial support to contribute to your on-going expenses at home.
The organization works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.