PHSRF is a registered non- profit organization that design and implement public health interventions focusing on saving lives of women and children in Tanzania by empowering community from within and supporting them to put knowledge into practice. Our major areas of concentration include HIV, MNCH, SRH, Non communicable diseases and economic empowerment interventions for marginalized population groups.
Sauti project is a 5-years project funded by the USAID). It is implemented by Jhpiego in partnership with Engender Health, PACT and NIMR. The project supports and advances implementation of PEPFFAR by providing a package of core services to key and vulnerable population (KVP) in support of the government of the United Republic of Tanzania’s commitment to HIV prevention. PHSRF is a sub grantee of Jhpiego. Under this sub-award PHSRF implement the Sauti project in Kinondoni District.
Program manager – Comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care, Treatment and Support Services, will be responsible of day to day Managing, leading, monitoring and reporting of all matters related to SAUTI program that is implemented by PHSRF. S/he will be the key technical personnel and expected to be conversant with award requirements and knowledge on USAID rules and regulations.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Accountable for the timely, efficient and effective implementation of the SAUTI project implemented by PHSRF.
- Lead in the development of work plans and project reviews, and participate to strategy reviews.
- Ensure implementation of project activities in accordance with the work plans and budgets, through regular guidance and field monitoring activities.
- Review and discuss variances in the work plan and unmet targets with field teams, Executive Director, SAUTI technical Teams, and facilitate resolution of problems in a participatory way.
- Coordinate the delivery of training activities for the project, ensuring that feedback on training materials and tools are fed back to allow for continuous improvement.
- Monitoring of program implementation and regular field visits, provide technical supervision and management guidance to the project staff to ensure successful project implementation, and provide opportunities for staff development, including close collaboration and cross-learning across offices.
- Accountable in all issues related to project management to ensure compliance to systems and processes for planning and reporting to SAUTI.
- Work collaboratively with other teams to ensure the effective monitoring, evaluation and documentation of the program
- Ensure the project meet our accountability standards and that effective accountability systems are in place.
- Support the program me team’s efforts at maintaining and increasing the technical quality of the project and the capacities of the implementation team.
- Ensure all technical reports/materials are submitted timely.
- Overall budget oversight and responsibility to ensure the funds are used as approved work plan and budget
- Monitor the project to ensure that it is managed in line with the agreed budget and that transactions comply with SAUTI financial and compliance policies.
- Ensure the quality financial reports are submitted timely
Coordination and representation
- Organize and participate in field visits by SAUTI programs and other visitors
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key programmatic counterparts, including government officials, SAUTI program team, beneficiaries and community representatives.
- Represent PHSRF in all meetings and forums related to implementation of SAUTI program
- Ensure high quality, accessible information about the project and its achievements is available for internal and external audiences
- Motivate and encourage staff to actively engage with SAUTI beneficiaries and support all community-interventions implemented by SAUTI project
- Ensure the entire project staff are collaborating with other SAUTI partners in implementation of the project.
- Bachelor’s degree or Advanced Diploma (medical doctor or a graduate who specialized in a subject related to general medicine, public health Sociology and Development studies, or health related social sciences)
- Demonstrated successful project management experience in HIV,STI,TB,SRH and Family planning
- At least 2 years’ experience in implementing HIV projects will be an asset.
- Demonstrated skills, experience, and knowledge of Key and Vulnerable population is an essential skills
- Experience and demonstrated strong knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and of managing grants.
- Good skills in report writing.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills (in English).