Our client, aninternational organisation that manages and develops the philanthropic programmes of charitable entitiesestablished by private family entrepreneursis seeking to recruit a talented and result-oriented individual tofill the positionof a Programme Managerto be based in Moshi, Tanzania. The Programme Manager will support the implementation of a three-year (2021-2023) Child Protection programme (MACS) which seeks to strengthen the protectionof children from abuse, neglect and other forms of violence byestablishing safe and supportive learning environments inparticular, among the Catholicinstitutions. The programme manager will ensure the effectivemanagement;implementation and coordination of grantprojects within the programme, maintaining a coherent overview ofimplementation and performance against key programmeindicators, budgets and project oversight.
STATION: The Programme Manager post will be based in Moshi,Tanzania on a full-time basis.
Duration: One year initially from 2020 with the possibility to extend.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supports capacity building of partners by advising onexecution of programme activities, providing technicalassistance, capacity building, and on-going mentorshipensuring effective roll-out of the programme activities, whileliaising with other stakeholders within the programmenetwork.
• Assist in budget preparation and management of activitieson a day to day basis to ensure full accountability offinances.
• Ensure compliance with the programmegoals/objectives/expectations by conducting programme needs assessments, monitoring reviews and preparing donor reports.
• Liaise with host partner on all operational and otherprogramme-related matters on a day-to-day basis including collaborating with any host partner’s staff working on theprogramme.
• Supporting in the planning and organising of keystakeholder convenings to support sector learning in atimely and accurate manner.
• Capture key learning, feeding this back to the donorandrelevant stakeholders to inform programme improvementand strengthening.
• Provide support and active input to the programmeconsultants undertaking research, M&E, developing trainingmaterials and other assignments as per the programmeneeds.
• Undertake a programme needs assessment of at least 10programme partners, to assess programme readiness.
• Support programme partners in the timely development,refinement of project applications in a timely manner.
• Maintain close contact with donor in the implementation ofthe programme to ensure appropriate and timely reflectionof the progress and any required iteration to work.
• Assist on engagement with the Church’s bodies – TanzaniaEpiscopal Conference (TEC) and associations – Tanzania Catholic Association of Sisters (TCAS) and Men ReligiousAssociations as well as religious Congregations to raiseawareness of the programme and advocate for its purposewithin homes, schools and community.
• Exceptional leadership with proven experience as aProgramme /Grants Manager or coordinator
• Excellent time management, facilitation and capacitybuilding skills
• Excellent communication skills with ability to buildrelationships and networks
• Fluent in English, Kiswahili and other local languagesdesirable. Excellent writing and oral presentation skills
• Strong organisational skills and ability to coordinate variousresponsibilities and prioritise conflicting demands anddeadlines
• Strong analytical skills, evaluating options and to think andplan strategically. Looking into the future and pre-emptpotential problems
• Good understanding of financial reports and interpretation ofthe same
• Collaborative – with strong soft skills
• Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience,tact and diplomacy
• High level of integrity and respect for ethical conductrespecting partners’ standing and beliefs
• A team player with a commitment to public service andraising the dignity of all people.
• Post Graduate qualification in development studies orrelated fields
• 5 years plus working experience in the development field, inaddition to proven experience in Grant/ Programme management, management of sub grantees and eventscoordination
• A good level of confidence with M&E process
• Previous work with the Catholic Church or Faith Basedorganizations is a plus
• Experience in the field of child protection and safeguardingis an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION: If you believe you meet the above criteria, please submit anapplication letter, detailed CV with three referencesandrelevantcopies of yourcertificatesto:firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 8th November 2019.
Subject of the email: Application for PM-MACS.
Beware of Fraud: Employers advertising their positions on the BrighterMonday platform are not supposed to receive payment from job seekers. If an Employer asks you to pay during the application process, please report it to us through this number +255 677 043 467