This position reports to the Managing Director.
Candidate must have:
- Degree in Project Management, Community Development or related field of study.
- A history of effective project management.
- A solid understanding of project management processes, procedures, methods and tools.
- An ability to set goals and accomplish them on time.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Swahili and English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to interact and work well with a variety of stakeholders from all socio-economic backgrounds.
Candidate must be:
- A born-again Christian of the highest integrity.
- A team player.
- A good communicator.
- An effective manager of their time.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- The programme officer, operating within agreed reporting structures, is responsible for:
- designing and applying appropriate project management standards.
- managing the production of the required deliverables planning and monitoring the project
- adopting any delegation and use of project assurance roles within agreed reporting structures
- preparing and Maintaining project, stage and exception plans as required
- managing project risks, including the development of contingency plans
- liaison with all Departments (if the project is part of Department) and related projects to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated
- monitoring overall progress and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary
- Applying change control and configuration management processes.
- reporting through agreed lines on project progress through highlight reports and end-stage assessments
- liaison with appointed project assurance representatives to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project
- Maintaining an awareness of potential interdependencies with other projects and their impact
- adopting and applying appropriate technical and quality strategies and standards
- identifying and obtaining support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the project managing project administration
- conducting a project evaluation review to assess how well the project was managed
- To perform any other work as assigned by his or her supervisor.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Sanya Juu, Siha