Reporting to: Finance Director
Operation: UMOJA-KILOSA JV
Nature of Operation Constructions Services
Purpose of the position:
The Project Accountant purpose is monitoring the projects costs, investigating variances, reviewing costs, proving management with costs reports and ensuring project billings are issued timely and payments are collected on time.
Project accountant will report directly to the Finance Director or as the board may decide from time to time.
Key Result Areas and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the company meet its due diligence requirements with regards to financial management and risk management, development of appropriate policies as well as enforcement of policies within the company.
- Develop procedures and oversee controls in issuing all payments and ensuring timely payments.
- Create and manage project accounts in the accounting system
- Manage the accounting systems; ensuring that all staff are using them in appropriate way that ensures all transactions are properly recorded, and regular reports are generated and acted upon.
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders.
- Management ,preparation and maintenance of variety of financial records and reports, including those related to the general ledger, payroll, job costing, inventories, budgets and fixed assets; ensure the purchasing of material, supplies and equipment are conducted in accordance with company policies and procedures and process all payments according to the approved budget and management directives.
- Prepare project cash flows and budgets.
- Prepare monthly projects reports and end of project reports.
- Appropriation and apportionment of costs to various projects in liaison with project manager
- Ensure claim certificate are prepared, timely invoiced and follow up on payments from Clients.
- Review and approve claims related to a project in liaison with Construction and Project manager
- Review and approve time sheets for work related to project
- Review account totals related to project assets and expenses
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management
- Confer with receivables staff regarding unpaid contract billings
- Report on project profitability to management
- Report to management on any opportunities for additional billings
- Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects
- Investigate all project expenses not billed to clients including retention claims.
- Close out project accounts upon project completion
- Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to projects
- Compile information for Management, as required
- Any other duty as assigned by Management.
Skills, Knowledge & Competencies required to perform this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Finance with detailed knowledge of project contracts and change order documents.
- At least five year experience in Project Accounting.
- Organized and methodical approach to administration and record keeping, excellent IT skills.
- Team working & personal impact
- Planning and control
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management
- Fluency in both English and Swahili.
- Willing to work beyond normal working hours.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Be honest and trustworthy.
Beware of Fraud: Employers advertising their positions on the BrighterMonday platform are not supposed to receive payment from job seekers. If an Employer asks you to pay during the application process, please report it to us through this number +255 677 043 467