Under the supervision of the Project Manager and the Admin and
Finance Manager, the Project Accountant will be responsible of the following
· - Ensure the financial management of the project is compliant with the donor’s requirements, applicable Tanzanian laws and regulations and organization policies and procedures
· - Manage petty cash and bank payments; keep accounts, including supporting documents and book-keeping records for the project
· - Ensure that cashbooks and supporting documents are delivered according to quality standards and deadlines set in internal and donor’s policies and procedures
· - Preparation of payrolls, manage payment of salaries and contributions (WCF, NHIF, NSSF, PAYE, SDL) for local project’s staff
· - Prepare Petty Cash Requests, Fund Requests and Financial Reports
· - Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
· - Create and maintain updated the register of asset and the inventory in collaboration with the logistician
· - Facilitate and support internal and external audits
· - Manage relationship with the partners for what concern accounting issues. Receiving and controlling the partner’s cashbooks and financial documents
· - Support the procurement and distribution of utilities and consumables, preparing the stock card and oversees the maintenance of the offices
· - Support the preparation and keep record of contracts, including employment contracts, MoU, agreements, etc.
· - Assist the procurement of services and supplies needed for the implementation of the project’s activities, ensuring the purchases are compliant with the donor’s procurement procedures.
· - Support the preparation of official letters, contracts and memorandum and record documents, contracts and correspondences ensuring digital and physical archives are updated and organized.
· - Perform any other accounting and administrative duties as required by the Project Manager or the Country Admin and Finance Administrator.