Legacy” is a newly formed NGO which is embarking on a growth
plan in order to increase its efforts to address Community challenges including
alleviating poverty among women and youth. The Project Coordinator will
fundraise and coordinate implementation of project activities directed at reducing youth
unemployment by improving the quality of human resources in Tanzania.
Specific project goals include; expansion of work readiness, soft and
life-skills and advocacy training; expansion of student support services and
improvements in student work placement, career counselling and industry
orientation services; Strengthen entrepreneurship and utilization of labor
market information to drive career guidance and career focused activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates and manages a fund development plan to ensure the
achievement of fund raising goals
- Raise funds, by identifying funding opportunities and
personally engaging in fundraising activities including writing proposals.
- Lead, as well as co-facilitate workforce development
programs for both in and out of school youth i.e. career counseling, basic
employability skills (work readiness), apprenticeship/work experience,
technical and entrepreneurship skills.
- Support graduates from colleges and vocational
institutions on industrial orientation to enable them integrate into the
workplace and bridge various industry mismatch in skills expectation.
- Bridge the gap amongst the targeted beneficiaries on the
disconnect between the skills offered in schools from those demanded by
employers and society.
Enhance Business and Entrepreneurship Skills
- Coordinate a six-week business and entrepreneurship
training program ( for boys and for girls) that focuses on understanding the
business environment, legal requirements, breaking down traditional
stereotypes, building confidence, and practical-simplified business concepts on
market research, business plan development, capital procurement, and bookkeeping
- Develop work-plans and budgets and implement the same
after review of the supervisor.
- Works with the Executive Director and the NGO Board
leadership to create a recruitment, retention and development plan that
includes use of volunteers.
- Co-Leads the development of a strategic plan including
target initiatives, tactics, timelines, outcomes and related critical inputs.
Supports the implementation of the plan and monitors its progress.
- In partnership with the Finance manager responsibly
manages financial activities ensuring plans are developed and executed,
financial reports are timely prepared and proper controls are in place and
- Submit monthly/quarterly/annual project reports to the
relevant parties as per schedule i.e. Donors, Management and Executive
- Build effective working relationships with government
institutions, NGOs, and private sector organizations as well as local
communities, schools, and religious organizations (other like-minded
organizations) in line with the NGO’s strategic plan.
- Represent the organization in relevant forums whenever
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum at least two years in
project implementation and fundraising role.
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing a fund
development plan including them achievement of stretch goals and broadening
traditional types of funding sources (individuals, grants, corporations, giving
circles, events etc.).
- Demonstrated success in fund raising including new
individual donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (fluent
in written and spoken English Language.
- Experience researching issues and problems and developing
succinct papers to explain and recommend options.
- Demonstrated excellent writing skills is a MUST
- Demonstrated competence using and adapting to new forms
of technology including social media.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a visionary, big picture
- Experience working with, inspiring and empowering
volunteers is an added advantage.
The Project Coordinator position has high
impact on the growth of the NGO and successfully achieving its goals and
accomplishing its mission.
Resources are in place to support the projects
that drive the mission.
To be eligible candidates MUST write/upload Cover Letters along with their CVs outlining the projects they have been involved in whilst holding a similar role, on Brightermonday Tanzania website.