Purpose of the position:
To work with district multi-sectoral steering committees and the stakeholders in the district, ward and village levels to ensure effective establishment and implementation of ENRICH project in the districts and the communities.
Planning, coordination and implementation of ENRICH activities
• Provide technical support to the frontline health and nutrition staff including community health workers (CHWs), health facility staff and volunteers to increase their knowledge and skills on MNCH and nutrition.
• Ensure social behavior change communication strategies and interventions are developed and implemented to address barriers to adoption of improved nutrition practices among parents, care givers and lactating women.
• Collaborate with regional and district health teams to ensure Healthcare workers are trained on context appropriate basic nutrition and nutrition sensitive services including referral and counter-referral and conduct outreach services.
• Work with the regional coordinator and the project manager to plan and coordinate interventions to strengthen Health systems in the district including on supply chain management, HMIS, planning and budgeting e.t.c
• Together with CHMTs and health facility staff, provide coaching and mentorship to community health workers, volunteers and nutrition support groups on MNCH and nutrition.
• Regularly work with CHMTs during supportive supervision to provide coaching and mentorship to health facility staff on MNCH and nutrition.
• Works with other ENRICH implementing partners to ensure locally appropriate bio-fortified crops are identified and production scaled up in the districts.
• Work with other ENRICH implementing partners to ensure micro-nutrient powders are procured and distributed to PLW and CU2
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
• Work together with regional coordinator in gathering, reporting and analyzing performance data for impact and sustainability of project implementation in a district.
• Support all monitoring, evaluation and research tasks and deliverables for the project and ensure that all required reports and documentation are submitted timely.
• Ensure timely preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress reports on the status of project implementation.
• Ensure timely communication with the supervisor and other relevant partners to the project thereby maintaining strong relationships at the district.
Networking, visibility and donor recognition
• Ensures ENRICH program interventions and donor are recognized by the government, partners and communities at the district.
• Develop and support effective linkages and collaborate with Key structures to include CHMT, Community Based Organizations, other implementing partners (MI, Harvest plus and PRAXIS) and other NGOs.
• Represent WVT and Participate in networking meetings/workshops/conferences with local government and other stakeholders at the district.
• Facilitate documentation and sharing of processes, challenges, good practices and lessons learnt among partners.
Financial and non-Financial resource management
Ensure program assets, materials and financial resources are well managed to ensure Stewardship and accountability.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Minimum Qualification required:
• Bachelor of Science in Home economics and human nutrition, Bachelor degree in public health, Community development or any other related field.
• Experience: A minimum of 3 years working experience in Health, and/or Nutrition projects at community level.
• Basic understanding of advocacy approaches and advocacy issues at local and national level.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Swahili
• Significant experience of working with government officials, community groups and communities
• Proven experience in facilitating effective project documentation and dissemination of results to a wide range of audiences. Attend and participate in the leadership of daily devotions.
• Ability to take initiatives, team player who is able to work with minimum supervision
• Good computer skills in MS office (Excel, word, PowerPoint etc)
• Familiar with current Advocacy issues around MCHN.
Working Environment / Conditions:
• Work environment: Willing to work in rural areas and be based at the Singida or Shinyanga region with frequent visits to the field
• On call: During working hours unless there is an emergency