The Project Officer will be based in Mugumu Serengeti with up to 30% of time travelling to project areas in Morogoro and Mara.
Job Responsibility #1: Project administration (45%)
• Contributes to the formulation of the project strategic plans feeding into the overall country strategic plan. Prepares and leads the implementation plan of project activities. • Guides Field Facilitators on executing the activities. • Ensures that activities are compliant with RTP methodology and standards. • Develops and strengthens understanding of our project management cycle with project staff and partners. • Participates in the planning of budget and tracks activity expenses occurred against cash projections. Completes monthly budget projections and tracks expenditures
Job Responsibility #2: Team management (20%)
• Conducts performance appraisals for all direct reports and provides regular feedback on performance. • Oversees performance of any contract staff such as security guards where applicable. • Ensures staff understands and complies with policies of RTP. • Assesses training needs of all direct reports with input from project staff, partners and stakeholders. • Oversees training of coaches delivered by Field Facilitators and observes coaches’ performance for certification.
Job Responsibility #3: Networking, representation and partnership building (15%)
• Shares activity plans with local NGOs, CBOs (community-based organizations) and looks for synergies and opportunities to work together. Conducts an assessment survey to determine the NGOs that RTP could partner with and initiates partnerships.
• Ensures implementation of Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) and agreements with local representation of Government and partner organizations.
• Facilitates collaboration and networking with other organizations, government and other relevant institutions to enhance RTP visibility and project activities and Coordinates planning meetings with partners and represents RTP in various platforms.
Job Responsibility #3: Monitoring and Reporting (15%)
• Visits project locations to oversee activities, events and collects information to report on performance outcomes. • Works with school directors and teachers to develop their understanding of RTP’s monitoring and evaluation system as it relates to reporting on children and teachers actively involved in sport and play activities. • Ensures accurate collection and timely submission of quantitative and quantitative monitoring information according to RTP monitoring tools. • Submits regularly reports to PM/PO and occasionally external stakeholders including Ministries, partners and donors. • Provides quarterly updates of lessons learned and best practices to project team, stakeholders and the Program Manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Must have)
(A) EDUCATION/TRAINING/CERTIFICATION Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, social sciences or other related discipline.
(B) EXPERIENCE 3 years’ experience in project administration or community work including managing direct reports.
(C) COMPETENCIES / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal • Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision • Strong organizational and delegation skills • Able to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks • Strong development and team building skills
(D) TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Computer literacy in outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Internet • Understand project management cycle • Effective report writing and analytical skills
(E) LANGUAGES Fluency in spoken and written English and Swahili language (s).. DESIRED
QUALIFICATIONS (An Asset)
• Knowledge in child and/or adult education • Knowledge in Sport for Development • Experience developing and managing budgets