The Project Officers will work in collaboration with the Project Manager to implement project activities, especially at district and community levels. They will contribute to consortium’s effort to strengthen youth SRH and life skills as entry points to engaging and linking them with opportunities and services.
They will be responsible for mobilizing youth and organizing community – based activities targeting youth. They will ensure all project activities are implemented on time, are well organized and there is effective coordination among partners. Project Officers will be required to prepare and manage activity budgets, coordinate and supervise trainings, follow up and supervise CBOs, ToTs and CHWs. They will also technical and admin support to lower level structures.
The Project Officers will be part of the frontline implementation team, as such, they shall demonstrate competency in working with, and supporting young people and their organizations. They will promote young people’s healthy life skills, health-seeking behavior and they empowering the youth to make good SRH choices. The Project Officers will be members of the consortium and will collaborate with Local Government Authorities, different Implementing Partners, CBOs, Youth Organizations and communities at large.
• At least graduate level qualifications in social sciences, e.g. public health, sociology, community development, social work, rural economics etc. Candidates with health-related qualifications will have added advantage.
• Minimum 3 years of demonstrated experience working as part of a project implementation team.
• Demonstrated experience of coordinating project activities, such as training, meetings, mentorship, supportive supervision and field visits.
• Good organization skills, ability to coordinate activities on time, ability to write good reports, knowledge of community – based programing, and experience of coordinating multiple partners.
• Experience of working with youth life skills and entrepreneurship projects is critical for this role.
• Experience of working in consortiums, where people from different organizations contribute diverse skills and expertise and work together in harmony to advance a common goal.
• Good entrepreneurship skills, knowledge of challenges and opportunities for youth livelihood and knowledge of challenges and opportunities related to youth SRH