Assists with developing construction execution methodologies, quality control program, procedures, and instructions, and other planning activities necessary for the construction of the SGR.
During construction execution phase of the project, responsible for the organization and direction of the quality control department. Responsible for defining the construction quality control responsibilities, for PMC and subcontractors (via contract flow down requirements), to ensure compliance (via quality verification) with the project design. Interprets design drawings and specifications. Supervises field verification of materials and construction installations. Provides technical and administrative direction to colleagues.
- Develops the staffing plan for the quality control organization in support of cost and schedule planning activities.
- Develops the project's multi-discipline quality control program and procedures.
- Develops the construction quality control inspection and test program
- Develops the quality control certification and training programs.
- Develops construction execution strategy and plan to ensure compliance with the contract, governing industry and government quality standards, project specifications and the established quality control criteria
- Participates in design and constructability reviews, as appropriate
Construction Execution Responsibilities
- Develops the staffing plan for the quality control organization for approval by the QA/QC Manager and prepares employee requisitions.
- Directs the activities of a multi-disciplined construction quality control organization overseeing quality control and inspection activities of assigned quality control engineering staff.
- Develops, administers and implements a project's multi-discipline quality control program and procedures.
- Coordinates the activities of quality control engineers and interfaces with other construction departments to ensure that construction operations are following the contract, governing industry and government quality standards, project specifications and the established quality control criteria.
- Participates in major contract discussions and negotiations relating to quality control activities.
- Provides guidance and assistance to various levels of the project organization on construction quality control programs.
- Responsible for development and administration of the construction quality control inspection program.
- Reviews subcontractor documents for compliance to project quality control requirements.
- Administers surveillance inspection program over subcontractors to ensure conformity to project specifications and standards.
- Administers employee development program.
- Administers quality control certification and training programs.
- Performs employee reviews of the construction quality control staff.
- Oversees the performance of inspection and ensures acceptance is documented of construction activities and installations.
- Develops and administers the project nonconforming and deficient items program.
- Good understanding and speaking ability of English and proof certificate (IELTS or TOEFL)
- General construction planning experience.
- Knowledge of current project and industry quality standards.
- Knowledge of critical phases of construction quality control engineering, across multiple disciplines.
- Knowledge of construction activities across multiple disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a detailed quality control program based on the contract, project and industry quality standards.
- Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
- Knowledge of environmental compliance requirements. General awareness of environmental laws.
- Knowledge of international, federal, state and local government quality compliance standards.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and technical database applications
- Capable of obtaining approval of the management as any discipline quality control inspector.
- Must be able to obtain job specific certification required by management.
- Railway Construction experience.
- Large scale project construction delivery experience (1B $ +).
- Knowledge of Yapı Merkezi safety program.
- Demonstrated experience in quality control activities for Railway and Tunnel EPC projects.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a detailed quality control program based on Yapı Merkezi quality standards.
- Demonstrated experience in subcontractor/contractor oversite/management, field engineering, and/or engineering on a Yapı Merkezi (preferred) project.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 / 2015 requirements.
- Holding ISO 9001 / 2015 Lead Auditor Certificate.
- Knowledge of current Yapı Merkezi (preferred) quality standards.
- Knowledge of current Yapı Merkezi Standard Application Program standards.
- Knowledge of American Railway Engineering and Maintenance-of-Way Association Procedures (AREMA).
- Second Language (Especially Turkish is highly preferred)
The Above Qualifications Are Typically Acquired Through the Following
- A recognized degree in an engineering discipline, AND/OR
- Specialized courses in construction management, AND/OR
- Work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge described above.
Note: Work includes field inspections and the physical ability to conduct field inspections which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, working on elevated platforms, working on uneven surfaces and working in small or confined spaces. Some lifting may be required. Must have the ability to walk into and out of the project (enter/egress). Must be able to use appropriate standard issued Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required for each assigned task (i.e. harness, life vest, lift buckets, etc.)
Building Happiness for Future
Yapı Merkezi, founded in 1965, aims "to create and to realize construction projects that will serve humanity by creating happiness environments".
Yapı Merkezi realizes projects of universal dimensions and always reaches its targets with the determination to complete every project by delivering products and services on time, within the budget and with the specified quality.
In realizing these targets, Yapı Merkezi pursues beauty with a passion and always considers aesthetic sense as a bridge of judgment between concept and reality. Yapı Merkezi always considers professional and humanitarian measures as well as technical measures and processes known to be a scale organization in all its activities. Yapı Merkezi is open, transparent, innovative, basing decisions upon knowledge processing and pioneering in all its fields of activity. Yapı Merkezi respects the laws, belief, traditions, and history of all communities where its activities are located.
42 million m² of structures we have engineered provide happiness for their users. With 3.600 km of railways and 400 stations in 51 projects, we provide safe transport for more than 3,5 million passengers daily in three continents. 7.500 km of waterproof pipeline provides clean water to hundreds of locations in 40 countries. By producing 3.000 kg/cm² strength concrete, we serve to the civilization. Thousands of students are developing themselves daily through the education that we provide in our school. All these are meaningful marks of success for the Yapı Merkezi family.
As the first and largest company of the Yapı Merkezi Group, Yapı Merkezi Construction and Industry Inc., in its half a century history, has realized the design and construction of a wide variety of buildings, heavy construction and railway projects both in Turkey and abroad, especially in United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Algeria, Morocco and Ethiopia.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.