The National Spiritual Assembly of the Baha’is of Tanzania plans to hire an accountant for the Lake Zone. The accountant will be based in Mwanza and handle the accounts for both the Regional Institute Board and the Regional Baha’i Council in the lake zone.
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting or related field
- Advanced Diploma in Accounting
- Knowledge of Microsoft excel and other office programs
- Knowledge of one or more accounting packages such as Tally or Quick Books
- Ability to write and speak english
- Careful and accurate
- Diligent in following up on outstanding advances and expense reports
- Able to get work done on time
- Good work ethic (shows up to work on time, gets along with others, gets work done on time, able to work without close supervision)
Applicants should be from Mwanza, Kagera, Shinyanga or Mara regions.
a. Write payment vouchers
b. Do monthly bank reconciliations
c. Verify that funds withdrawn from bank have been properly authorized
d. Maintain finance files
e. Follow up and get expenditure reports and receipts for all funds issued
f. Maintain a ledger with outstanding advances that have not been accounted for
g. Maintain a ledger with outstanding balances held by CICs and ATC Secretaries
h. Prepare monthly finance reports for RBC and NIB.
i. Monitor expenses against budget
j. Send reports and supporting documents to the National Treasurer’s office.
k. Prepare annual contribution and expenditure reports for each cluster
l. Assist with regional planning and budgeting
m. Provide information and analysis as requested by the National Treasurer’s Office
n. Assist in answering queries from the auditor
Beware of Fraud: Employers advertising their positions on the BrighterMonday platform are not supposed to receive payment from job seekers. If an Employer asks you to pay during the application process, please report it to us through this number +255 677 043 467