UMATI, a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), is a leading non-profit Association providing Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Information and services
Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Dar es Salaam
Head of Programme Development, Management and Coordination
1. JOB PURPOSE
To be responsible for Research and knowledge generation and the monitoring and evaluation of all UMATI programmes and projects.
2. KEY TASKS
- To strengthen UMATI’s Research, monitoring and evaluation system for
the effective tracking of progress in implementation of the strategic plan
and projects using approved indicators and targets for measuring, progress
and make recommendations for improvement.
- To work with the IPPF Africa Regional Office (IPPF ARO) Research, Monitoring & Evaluation Team to introduce and implement the DHIS2 and Clinical MIS to ensure accurate collection of performance data from all projects and programmes and to ensure that the information is fed into the National HMIS.
- To ensure UMATI’s Market share is demonstrated and appropriately recognized at all levels including local government and Nationally.
- To ensure compliance with reporting requirements in collaboration with the Finance and other teams as well as ARO Research and Evaluation Team.
- To ensure consistent and continuous tracking of progress in
implementation of the Organization’s Strategic plan and its key outcomes.
- To build the monitoring, evaluation, and data collection capacity of staff at HQ, Clinics and project sites through initiating, organising, participating or conducting of training sessions and evaluation workshops.
- To take the lead in regular collection, analysis and reporting on data from the Association’s entire programme, and monitor data quality.
- To lead the implementation of baseline and other surveys, such as project reviews, mid-term and end-of-project reviews and ensuring compliance with donor's evaluation policies when applicable
- To comply with the requirements of the reporting systems for preparing reports as per the Donor formats/requirements.
- To review the performance of existing management information systems to help identify potential modifications.
- To prepare for presentation and dissemination to the Association’s stakeholders - data, lessons learned, best practices, and the statistical, qualitative, and anecdotal evidence provided by UMATI Programmes and activities.
- To be responsible for the production of supporting documents e.g. data summaries using dashboards, workshop reports, etc.
- Support All departments in the revision of work plans and strategies In collaboration with Senior management Team.
- To lead and contribute to the development of Annual Programme and Budget and the Annual Performance Report including the review and use of UMATI’s service statistics.
- To build and maintain positive relationships and strategic partnerships with Higher learning and research institutions
- To establish a robust fellowship/internship programme in collaboration with Institutions of Higher Learning and Research
- To ensure UMATI generates peer reviewed publications annually to share its work with academia and the SRHR Community of Practice.
- To provide guidance, oversight and capacity building for staff under them including the CMIS Officer and the RM&E interns/research fellows
- Provide support to proposal development, particularly during the log frame and design discussions
- To undertake any other duties as may be requested from time to time.
a) Staff responsibilities carried out by the job holder.
- Supervise the CMIS Officer, Project M&E Officers and Data clerks or their equivalents.
b) Financial responsibilities carried out by the job holder.
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation component of the annual budget of projects
- Monitor expenditure on monitoring and evaluation at HQ, Clinics and site level.
c) Advisory responsibilities carried out by the job holder.
- To update and advise the ED on all aspects of monitoring and evaluation.
- To advise colleagues and Clinics staff on all aspects of monitoring and evaluation.
4. EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- The post holder must have a degree in a social science, statistics, demography, development or health related subjects, or equivalent standard of education.
5. PROVEN ABILITY
- Developed application in the evaluation and / or operational research
of programmes, to include the design and implementation of evaluation
- Knowledge of sexual and reproductive health issues in Tanzania.
- At least eight years experience in the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems for development programmes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication
skills required to train / coach staff and give occasional presentations.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Scientific writing skills
- Strong analytical skills including analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills required to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent Information Technology skills (Analysis data using SPSS, Stata, Excel and Epi-Info. Atlas Ti)
- Fluent English essential.
7. PERSONAL COMPETENCE
- Willing to travel within, and outside the Country
- Cultural sensitivity
Only shortlisted applicants will be informed by phone call
Closing date for applications:
Applications received later than 30th October 2018 will not be considered.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.