REPORTING TO: MACHINE SALES MANAGER
LOCATION: DAR ES SALAAM.
1. SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Sales and rentals of lifting trucks, machines attachments and heavy construction equipment’s in ……………………………. regions.
Self-motivated, energetic, detail minded individual with good
2. MAIN FUNCTIONS
- Focus on providing customized viable equipment solutions to our customer base.
- Meet or exceed market growth goals.
- Maintain good corporate reputation and effective communication between our clients/customers and management.
- Prepare sales presentations, reports, site visits and sales quotes. Organize all sales documents for your assigned territory.
- Keep close interaction with all other departments to support customer with all necessary information and after sale service possibilities.
- Analyze sales opportunities, solve customer problems and participate in sales promotions.
- Maintain current product knowledge on features and benefits of all equipment potentially saleable by the Company.
- Monitoring competitive activity and products in the assigned territory.
- Effectively, timely and correctively use CRM software to maintain sales management information for your customer base in assigned territory.
- Maintains current knowledge of financing options to assist customers with securing the purchase of new and used equipment.
- Attend sales training, sales meetings, events and seminars. Conducts new/used equipment field demonstrations.
- Promote the value and capabilities of our Parts and Service operations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Maintain good business relations with
- Key decision makers and influentioal personnels within assigned accounts.
- Industry proffesionals, customer of our customers and financiaers.
- Industry donors and project owners.
- CATERPILLAR representatives and UNATRAC Officials.
- All internal customers and management
- Business degree or equivalent with sales experience for construction equipment’s.
- Must reside or be willing to relocate whenever needed.
- Must possess and display a positive, can-do attitude with the ability to create customer relationships.
- Perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations. Strong entrepreneurial drive and work ethic.
- Ability to use “Value Added” selling techniques and models.
- Strong financial and negotiating skills are needed. Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and communication skills.
- Willingness to travel to trade shows, training sessions as requested
- Know how to drive and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Work in a team as well as independently in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Proficient in the use of a computer and related software (Word, Excel, etc.), including utilizing customer relationship management system (CRM).
- Ability to analyze and interpret basic sales reports.
5. SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE
- Specialist knowledge of Caterpillar product range and its applications
- Hazards: Risk of accidents due to extensive travelling by road, water and air.
- Customer sites “always wear protective gears whenever needed”