REPORTING TO: POWER SYSTEMS SALES MANAGER
LOCATION: DAR ES SALAAM.
1. SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for achieving or exceeding agreed sales targets for the
Company’s range of generator products within Tanzanian territory.
2. MAIN FUNCTIONS
- Study the market and analyse market possibilities.
- Gather information regarding the demand for the product, reasons for the change and analyse customer needs.
- Determine potential and prospective customers.
- Organize meetings with the customers with the following purposes: present essential information about the product, its qualities, eliminate doubts, evaluate potential customer and carry out preliminary discussions for the supply.
- Participate in the contract preparation, defining the type of contract, discussing terms and conditions of the supply, producing documentation, solving discrepancies and analyzing documentation of the customer.
- Ensure payment is received timely according to contract arrangements.
- Communicate with the customers getting information regarding their expectations and demands to the quality of product and after sale service.
- Analyse possible reasons of the customer complaints following the contracts. Participate in preparation of the responds.
- Organise the computerised databases of the customers within the territory (general company information, customer financial statement, volume of sales, timely and accuracy of contract accomplishment, etc.) and ensure it to be accurate and up to date. Provide Sales Team and other staff with this information upon request.
- Keep regular contact with the customers, review the contract terms and dates, and prepare documentation for the contracts to be used.
- Produce obligatory reports within a set form and date to the Sales Manager of the Department.
- Keep close interaction with all other departments to support customer with all necessary technical information and after sale service possibilities.
- Prepare and participate in fairs, tenders, and exhibitions upon confirmation with the Head of the Department.
- Managing Directors, Chief Engineers, Procument Officers, Project Managers of key customers/prospects within the territory.
- Consultants, Specifiers and other professional groups.
- Senior Management of Governmental establishments.
- Caterpillar representatives and UNATRAC Officials.
- All levels of MT Management.
BSc in Electrical Engineering.
5. SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE
Specialist knowledge of
Caterpillar product range and it’s applications
- 3-5 years experience in engine, construction or related industry sales as a preference
- Proven track record of sales
- Export experience as a preference
Personal Skill Requirements:
- Ability to engage with people and quickly be able to develop relationships with them at all levels.
- Good listening skills.
- have the mental agility to adapt to changing situations and customer requirements
- Ability to view their job in the context of the Company’s aims.
- Be able to prepare quotations.
- Have good negotiation skills to ensure they maximise Company profit whilst looking at long term financial goals.
- Be comfortable with and able to analyse financial data.
- Ability to balance both short and lobge term company priorities
- Understanding of the international context and the way our customers operate.
- Pays attention to details to ensure work is right first time.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to ensure work is completed within any time constraints.
- Ensure files are maintained according to company standards and are properly maintained.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Able to develop good working relationship with customers.
- Able to communicate with people at varying levels in the company
- Ability to translate documentation where necessary.
- Able to assess situation and provide solutions to problems that may arise
- Good understanding of customers business requirements.
- Able to provide exceptional customer service.
- Always keeping the customer informed .
- Proactively seeks to improve customer service
- Able to diffuse customers anxiety/anger and not to take it personally
- Able to make decisions within set parameters
- Able to make responsible decisions.
- Able to ask for help when required
- Company structure and lines of responsibility
- Company terms and conditions
Able to adapt and be flexible
Risk of accidents due to extensive travelling by road, water and air.
be required to produce work for the Sales Manager