IMA World Health (IMA) is a faith-based non-profit organization that implements donor-funded health systems strengthening, maternal and child health, neglected tropical disease, malaria, HIV, non-communicable diseases, and sexual- and gender-based violence programs in some of the most challenging settings throughout Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean. IMA maintains a diverse and complex funding portfolio that support program services globally and totals approximately $100 million annually, with support from DFID, World Bank, USAID, among others.
IMA World Health is seeking a Senior F&A Manager for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded nutrition project in Tanzania. The project aims to strengthen the delivery of integrated community-based nutrition services and social and behavior change communication (SBCC) in Tanzania and to build the capacity of the government and communities to sustain these activities. The Senior Finance and Administration Manager will be responsible for all aspects of financial and administration management for the project and will ensure compliance with IMA World Health internal policies and procedures as well as USAID donor regulations. S/he will oversee all financial and administrative functions, ensuring cost effectiveness and timely financial reporting. The position will develop and oversee the implementation of policies, procedures, and systems for administration and financial support services and human resource management. S/he will ensure that the project is in compliance with national and international standards, as well as with donor standards. This position will report directly to the Chief of Party. The position is contigent upon successful receipt of funding.
- Oversees all administrative and finance operations for the project, including contributing to rapid project start up and mobilization.
- Develops and oversees administration and finance systems for project implementation to meet the financial management, forecasting, and reporting requirements.
- Ensure that all financial management work is performed to the highest ethical and professional standards and in accordance with IMA and program guidelines.
- Oversees budget tracking and analysis. Generates and analyzes monthly financial management reports. Ensures project expenses are reasonable, cost-effective, and comply with USAID rules and regulations.
- Manages financial staff for disbursing all local costs under the project, monitoring and tracking expenditures, and preparing financial reports of project expenditures for submission to USAID.
- Prepares donor financial reports and coordinates with the COP, Country Financial Officer, and HQ for submission in a timely manner.
- Monitor and ensure compliance of sub-contractors to program financial and contractual guidelines.
- Promptly advise the COP of all potential fiduciary risks and develop monitoring and troubleshooting strategies to address these.
- Institutes staff development plans for training and capacity development, and builds capacity of local partners in administration and finance management.
- Travels regularly, providing technical assistance on financial and operational matters to field offices.
- A Master's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field from an accredited university/college is required. Additional accounting certifications preferred.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in donor-funded financial management and/or project operation, with prior experience with USAID-funded projects required.
- At least five years of supervisory experience required.
- At least seven years' experience in successful financial and administrative management of international projects of similar size. Strong background in financial management, budget development, and analysis.
- A minimum of four years of experience supervising program operations, including human resources, procurement, IT, and sub-grants/contracts.
- Familiarity with USG financial reporting and compliance requirements for cooperative agreements.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets.
- High proficiency in relevant software packages such as Adobe, MS Word, Excel, etc.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team.
- Ability to travel within the country, as needed.
- Tanzanian nationals are encouraged to apply.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV/resume to the following email address: email@example.com