Title: Senior Finance Officer- Grants
Reporting to: Senior Finance Manager
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development. Pact Tanzania is a field office of “Pact” an international non-governmental and non-profit making organization with its headquarters in Washington DC. Pact Tanzania exists to build local capacity to enable systematic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy and enjoy the benefit nature provides.
The Senior Finance Officer works with the Finance- Grants team to ensure that Pacts financial management, policies and procedures and those of donors are adhered to all times, safeguarding funds sets aside specifically for insurance of grants and ensuring that they are used in line with the purposes intended by the donors and that accurate financial records are maintained.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with the Senior Finance Manager to design, develop and adapt policies, guidelines and criteria for the management of sub-recipient and subcontractor financial using the Pact worldwide standards and the conditions and constraints in Tanzania.
· Participate in the whole process of grant management, starting with solicitation through evaluation of applications and awarding of the grants, including, but not limited to award provisions, review of negotiation and concurrence memos, selection and award modifications.
· In collaboration with the Senior Finance Manager and Operations Manager organize to conduct pre-award assessments and their finding used for inclusion in risk assessments that informs award decisions.
· Manage sub-grants and awards ensuring funds are applied to their intended use and in accordance with Pact policies and procedures and meet donor requirements, process advances/liquidations, pay regular site visits to review sub-grantees transactions, matching expenditures to adequate supporting documentation, compliance and close-out procedures.
· With other Finance team responsible for grants, receive and review monthly financial reports from partners (sub-grantees) against sub-agreement budgets, program reports and deliverables as well as supporting documentation to check for allowability, allocability and reasonability.
· In collaboration with the Senior Finance Manager ensure financial monitoring systems are in place and generate timely and relevant reports, including analysis and tracking of sub contracts commitments, obligations, awards and liquidations.
· Together with the Senior Finance Manager equip finance staff with technical skills necessary for capacity building of partners (sub-grantees) and local NGOs in the area of financial management and sub contract compliance.
· Together with Senior Finance Manager design training plans to build partners capacities in financial management and coordinate and supervise their implementation.
· Assist the Senior Finance Manager to provide input and approval of financial progress and final reports on programs and projects ensuring they are submitted in accordance with USAID and other donor reporting requirements in timely fashion, in conjunction with HQ and relevant Program Departments.
· Issue monthly sub-award matrices and progress reports.
· Work closely with Pact Tanzania Finance and other staff members in the compilation of data and preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
· Assist the Senior Finance Manager in facilitating meetings between Program and Finance department to review financial reports, sub -grants matrices and harmonization of work plans between program and finance.
· Conduct regular reconciliation between accounting records with grants matrices.
· Assist the Senior Finance Manager in supervising finance team.
· Deputize the Senior Finance Manager during his/her absence.
· Perform any other Finance related duties assigned by Senior Finance Manager.
· Masters or bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or Commerce or holder of Advanced Diploma in Accounting, Finance or Commerce
· CPA (T) or its equivalent is an Added Advantage.
·At least five years of progressively responsible experience in financial management, including at least three years working with non-profit organizations and international donors.
· Knowledge and familiarity in managing sub-grants and awards will be an added advantage.
· Prior experience in managing sub-grants and awards will be added advantage.
· Working knowledge of accounting software, such as QuickBooks, ACCPAC, Serenic etc.
· Demonstrated experience in providing reliable and accurate information.
· Analytical and report presentation skills.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Strong training and capacity building skills.
· Strong organizational skills including task and time management, multi-tasking, prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
· Good leadership, excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
· Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To learn more about Pact Tanzania visit: http://www.pactworld.org/country/tanzania
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.