Reports To: HEAD OF INTERNAL AUDIT
Purpose of the Job (Job Summary):
Senior Internal Auditor helps in assessing and recommending for improvement of the adequacy and operation of the risk management, internal control and governance processes of the Letshego Bank Tanzania. He/she analyzes the reliability and integrity of operational and financial information, internal controls systems, efficiency and effectiveness of operations and programs, compliance with laws, regulations and policies, and safeguarding of assets.
He/she participates in the formulation of the Annual Audit plan and also responsible for the planning, execution and reporting of assurance and consulting engagements.
1. Planning Audit Engagements
- Participate in the formulation of the risk based Internal Audit Annual Plan.
- Develops a thorough understanding of business processes in scope for assigned audits and document the processes in flowcharts and/or process narratives.
- Plans the engagements by doing a through risk assessments to identify and measures risks inherent to the process/activity and identifies controls against each key risk identified.
- Participates in opening meeting with clients to explain the scope and objectives of the audit engagement to client and provide for overview of all steps in the audit process
- Develop a risk based test plan by selecting appropriate audit approach, test procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgment and departmentally defined internal audit methodology
- Perform audit tests and prepare working papers in accordance with professional IIA standards and letshego Bank Audit Charter and Methodology
- Evaluate the adequacy of process design and the effectiveness of controls in meeting business and control objectives. Identify and document control and process weaknesses and provide evidential support for findings
- Propose practical and value added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies identified.
- Organize and reference work papers for review by the Senior Internal Auditor and Head of Internal Audit
- Participate in closing meetings with client at the end of fieldwork, providing clear explanations for identified issues, Audit recommendations and agreed actions plans.
3. Reporting Engagement Results
- Developing and communicating Summary of Control Weaknesses (SCW) for each control weakness noted
- Assist in the preparation of a concise and informative audit report to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to the branch/department and senior management.
- Reviews the works of other Auditors
4. Other Responsibilities
- Conducts investigations of suspected internal frauds
- Provide consultative support to branches and departments with regard to the adequate design and execution of risk management processes
- Develops and maintains effective and professional working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization, including Senior Management and Audit Committee of the Board.
- Participate in the follow-up of the implementation of the internal and external audit recommendations and recommendations made by the Regulators
- Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with all levels within the organization
- Unquestioned personal integrity with strong ethics and values consistent with Letshego culture
- Strong analytical capability
- Capable of working independently and with minimum supervision
- Logical approach to identifying and evaluating issues and problem solving
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Displays awareness of the need for confidentially in sensitive matters
- Demonstrated job commitment and personal flexibility to meet changing expectations
- Commitment to self-development and expansion of knowledge
Core Values required [guiding us in our decisions and our basis for performance measurement
Knowledge and Experience Required of Job Holder:
- Bachelor’s degree or post-degree in Business Admiration, Finance or Accounting
- Accounting and/or Auditing qualifications such as CPA/ACCA/CIA and equivalent certifications
- First professional experience in assurance external Audit Firm
- Minimum of 3 years in banking and other Financial Intuitions in the Areas of Auditing, Risk Management or Internal Controls.
- Proven skills in the areas of in Micro and Small Enterprise (MSE) Credit and IFRS9.
- Understanding of the Deduction at Source (DAS) Business or payroll lending.