Title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (2 Positions)
Reporting to: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam
Project: Kizazi Kipya
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development. Pact Tanzania is a field office of “Pact” an international non-governmental and non-profit making organization with its headquarters in Washington DC. Pact Tanzania exists to build local capacity to enable systematic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy and enjoy the benefit nature provides.
The Senior M&E Officer will be an integral part of the USAID Kizazi Kipya project team, and must provide leadership and guidance for M&E activities. He / she must be responsible for overseeing data collection and data management for the project, including developing data collection tools, ensuring data quality and reporting in time to meet key deadlines. He / she should take leadership in performing data analysis, interpretation and preparing abstracts for presentations and conferences and other use of data. He / she will also be a supervisor to M&E Officers.
The Sr. M&E Officer must develop a close working relationship with the cluster level M&E Officers. She/he will be responsible for:
- Manage quality data collection, management and reporting of program data
- Meet crucial reporting deadlines including Quarterly and APR / SAPR reports, TrainSmart, quarterly and ad hoc data requests
- Provide the project with all necessary M&E inputs, including development of workplans and indicator frameworks, research and evaluations as arise
- Support learning, research and evaluations as they arise
- Conduct analysis, visualization and use of data to assess monthly trends including to engage technical staff in analysis and implications of data for programming
- Liaise with NACP and other related sections of the MOHSW on health information systems and other M&E issues
- Play a coordinating function for producing data and feeding to CoP and DCOP for reports and other closeout materials
- Ensures proper implementation of Pact’s performance management systems for direct reports. This can include: proactively addressing performance issues through regular, constructive and honest feedback, and coaching.
- Other tasks as required
- University degree in public health, sociology, demography, statistics, or other social science area; Masters Degree preferred
- Academic qualification in monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage.
- 7 – 10 years work experience supporting technical or programmatic activities in Case Management or one of the following: economic strengthening, child protection, ECD, education, HIV/AIDS, referrals and linkages, adolescent or other health areas (experience with health facility setting a plus);
- At least 5 years experience in data collection, processing, and analysis, database experience.
- Experience implementing qualitative and quantitative research
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of different analysis software
- Supervision experience a plus
- Report writing and publication skills
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
- Excellent peoples and partnership skills
- Experience with PEPFAR 3.0 funded projects in Tanzania is a plus
- The candidate should have experience in training / workshop facilitation, mentoring and proven ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with government and other NGO counterparts.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple teams, partner agencies and community members.
- Knowledge of different database software
- Proficient with MS Excel
- Availability and willingness to travel up to 50% time
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
(only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)
To learn more about Pact Tanzania visit: http://www.pactworld.org/country/tanzania
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.