Reporting to: General Manager
As a Stores & Procurement Manager your main responsibilities is
- Facilitating the Project operations Management on the specific project sourcing and costing, executing Capital Expenditure requirements at the best cost analysis and monitoring the project progression, expediting the terms and conditions for such contracts.
- Negotiate bulk ordering for specific projects
- Facilitate miscellaneous orders
- Dealing with international sourcing for the specific requirement when local markets are exhausted, establishing international partnerships to smooth the Procurement activities and effective importation including selection of competitive agencies.
- Importation of goods from the international markets and or suppliers with the best import and export procedures adhered using the approved TIC list for the exemption purposes and duties. Keep the TIC list updated and advice process the new application on its expiration.
- Supervise the procurement cycle and executing daily purchases to support the operational requirements of the organization and its units at the best practice of purchasing principles.
- Producing Procurement reports and monthly Purchase orders status for order completion in the system. Also to keep all Procurement records for the best interest of the company and Procurement audit purposes.
- Produce status report weekly on all orders in the system and their status
- Signoff the LPO’s
- To undertaking the procurement functions efficiently and wisely, obtaining by an ethical means the best Value for Money from a cost/quality basis.
- To ensure continuity of supply maintaining effective relationship with existing sources and by developing other sources of supply either as alternatives or to meet emerging or planned needs.· Organizing the collection of goods in the most economical way in terms of cost and time.
- Solicitation, evaluation and selection of competitive suppliers, service providers and contractors as per the company’s Procurement policy.
- Managing the Suppliers database providing updates about the supplier’s performance and keep their records such as address and contacts.
- To make sure all listed suppliers has signed their contracts and visit them at least twice a year.
- Analyzing and monitoring suppliers’ prices, market conditions and price fluctuations and create awareness for the particular changes.
- Negotiate quarterly prices with suppliers when possible
- Bulk buying
- Signing recons before payments are done to suppliers
- To Make sure camps gets their goods on time
- To make sure all suppliers are paid on time as agreed on the contract
- To maintain sound co-operative relationship with other departments, providing information and advice as necessary to ensure the effective operation of the organization as a whole.
- Conduct timely performance appraisals of direct reports and highlights areas of improvements
- Training, coaching, and development junior staff
- Assisting in any other areas of the Procurement function as requested by a senior Manager within reasonable limits.
- To maintain tight control on all stores, keys and inventory
- To maintain good contact with re supplies vehicle owners
- Making sure all the Owners of the vehicle we hire for re supplies have sign off the contract with Asilia and they get paid in time
- To Make sure the departments run within the budget
Minimum qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Masters in Procurement and Supply Chain Management from recognized Institution (Certified with the Board of procurement will add advantages)
- 5+ years’ experience in procurement, Stores and purchasing
- Excellent managerial and training skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with good listening and critical reasoning skills
- Should have problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent analytical and report writing skills
Motivation / Direction & Development
- To understand and work within the vision statement and core values of Asilia group.
- To strive to always under promise and over deliver.
- To be proactive, efficient and diligent
- To act in the interest of the company and its employees at times
- To behave honestly
- To ensure no abusive language or bad behavior within department